The Sales Representative’s primary emphasis is on bringing in new business. This is done by qualifying potential business opportunities and contacting key decision makers, through phone and in person sales calls. Successful people in this role are comfortable engaging with businesspeople at all levels and selling critical business services. This requires the ability to use consultative selling techniques (communication skills, questioning, and listening techniques, etc.) and the discipline to be persistent while following a daily and weekly plan and demonstrating the desire and drive to become a top performing sales professional.
1.) Generate a sufficiently high level of sales activity to secure a minimum of two clients per week.
· Effectively meet with decision-makers to asses needs and to secure accounts.
· Make a combination of 100 sales calls weekly, including phone and in-person visits, which include 60 face-to-face decision-maker calls.
· Document 100% of calls in the automated system and set a next action step to keep prospects/clients in the sales pipeline.
2.) Develop a Sales Action Plan for each prospect on the Top 20 Hit List.
· Develop a quarterly sales plan identifying potential new clients and business opportunities.
· Take the lead in coordinating ongoing sales activities for Top 20 Hit List prospects.
· Research accounts, establish meetings, and coordinate presentations as needed, focusing on prospect’s needs.
3.) Prepare and execute a daily sales plan to maximize territory management.
· Use the automated system to prepare a daily sales plan identifying companies and offices to visit.
· Introduce Express through discovery, planned, appointment, and telephone calls.
· Maximize sales efficiency by properly using account classification and territory management systems.
4.) Use a Total Client Care sales approach to present full service capabilities.
· Identify and follow up regularly with key accounts and develop unique value-added sales opportunities, for example, provide Express knowledge based campaigns, arrange MPC calls with Staffing Consultant, and invite them to Refresh Leadership simulcasts.
· Sell all product and service lines.
· Deliver the Client Care Packet to all new clients.
5.) Effectively work with and communicate with internal team.
· Meet with the inside team daily to ensure sales and recruiting are in sync and clients needs are being met.
6.) Conduct business in accordance with Express Guidelines and applicable Federal/State Legal Guidelines.
· Work in accordance to applicable employment laws and regulations, including the Fair Labor Standards Act, Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, and the Family and Medical Leave Act.
· Develop a thorough knowledge of the staffing and placement services offered by Express as well as pricing techniques and strategies.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
· Essential activities are conducted away from the local office.
· Constant travel requires exposure to inclement weather and hazardous road conditions.
· Must be able to work effectively under stress of daily travel, deadlines, commitments, and client problems.
· Must be able to operate a vehicle (Must maintain a valid state driver’s license).
· Climb stairs and necessary marketing materials, gifts, and supplies.
· Occasional out of town travel for meetings or training required.
-Must be punctual and have reliable transportation.
-Great communication skills.
-Customer Service (1 year min.)
-Great Team Player.
-Valid Driver's License
Express Employment Professionals is a leading staffing provider in the U.S., Canada and South Africa. Every day, we help job seekers find work and help businesses find qualified employees.
Role: Outside Sales Representative
Location: Santa Rosa,
Apply for this job now.