Working with a central Manchester based secondary school that is able to support prospective future teachers, we are looking to recruit a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to start with them in the new academic year of September 2021. Ideally the Learning Support Assistant would start with the school at the beginning of the term as the new cohort of year 7s start at school. The successful Learning Support Assistant will be supporting students in year 7 and 9/10 with intervention in a range of subjects, including Maths and English. This school is known for its academic nature and are therefore looking for a confident, adaptable and motivated graduate who is an aspirational future teacher able to utilise previous transferable experience.
Key aspects of the Learning Support Assistant role:
- Full time LSA required: graduate level education required
- Pay range dependent upon experience and qualification: ranging between £1325 - £1400 per month (hours dependent)
- Provide support and intervention to year 7s and 9/10s
- Highly academic school with a large cohort of students identified as excelling students and gifted and talented
- LSA required for the full academic year with the option to progress onto a school based contract
As a prospective future teacher, the successful graduate should have a vested interest in the education sector and be looking to gain valuable experience in a secondary school. Graduates who have experience of supporting students are highly encouraged to apply now. This role will include supporting a variety of students aged between 11 and 15 in the main. Working with the old students, you will be focussed on GCSE preparation and provide intervention at set times.
The school is located in the central Manchester area making it very easy to access via the M60 motorway network or for those travelling from Levenshulme, Longsight, Didsbury and Chorlton via public transport. The school is a fairly large sized secondary school with the successful Learning Support Assistant being supported throughout their placement at the school having regular meetings with the SENCo and relevant team leaders.
Highlights of this secondary school:
- Highly reputable and well regarded secondary school in the central Manchester area
- Highly supportive senior leadership team
- Opportunity to gain first class experience which would support a future PGCE application if relevant
If you are a graduate of any degree discipline with experience of supporting students in any capacity or with prior experience fulfilling the role of a LSA, TA, Learner Mentor or Graduate Mentor then apply now with your latest CV. There is also the prospect of securing work during the current academic year so please highlight your availability clearly on your application.