Our client based in Dewsbury are currently recruiting for a Buyer for there Procurement Team.
The Buyer is responsible for ensuring that the supply chain needs of the business are met for goods and services essential to on-going operations. You will be required to purchase a wide variety of goods and services, whilst taking a lead role in the continuous improvement of both P2P and supplier management whilst working towards an aggressive savings target.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Supporting the Procurement Manager, prepare RFI/RFP documentation, collate and provide analytical data within the Sourcing Process.
- Purchase capital Items for both Direct and Indirect Goods and Services.
- Analyse spend data, identifying initiatives for tender projects
- Audit, review and interact with suppliers on a regular basis
- Review and maintain contracts for all relevant category agreements.
- Review spend, across the business, and report back to Procurement Manager with proposals for improvements.
- Complete full end to end tender process
- Complete RFI's/ RFQ's and successfully negotiate agreements/ contracts
- Take a lead role in the P2P continuous improvement plan
- Work with Key Stakeholders Nationally to increase governance and improve the P2P processes and disciplines.
- Produce monthly KPI's to show evidence of both savings and improvement within supplier performance.
The role of Buyer is a fantastic opportunity for a commercially aware, results driven and tenacious candidate with a minimum of 2 years buying experience. You will have excellent communication skills, the confidence to challenge demand and the ability to promote the procurement function.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A minimum of 2 years buying experience and category management
- Confidence completing end to end tender process
- Knowledge of the procurement process
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Full clean driving licence is essential
If this sounds like the right role for you please apply now!
By applying for this role, you are consenting for RSD Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at and we will respond to your query within 48 working hours.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities. Follow RSD Recruitment on your favourite social networks - LinkedIn & Facebook