vcfo is partnering with a Dallas based client who is seeking an Investment Accountant to join their team. The ideal candidate must have investment and statutory reporting experience preferably in the insurance industry. This role reports to the Controller of the company.
- Perform monthly/quarterly closing processes including prepare/post journal entries for investment activity and insurance activity.
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations and par value reconciliations.
- Back office duties for the trading desk; including communication with multiple brokers and state banks.
- Creation of monthly financial reports regarding investment holdings.
- Prepare schedules and exhibits of quarterly and annual statutory statements, including IMR/AVR, Schedule D and Schedule DB.
- Assist in preparation of audited statutory financial statements including footnotes.
- Support other regulatory reporting requirements including MD&A, Risk Based Capital, AmBest and SRQ filing.
- Respond to requests from external auditors, external rating agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Prepare and/or assist State pages, State premium tax returns, and other State regulatory filings if required.
- Identify and recommend continuous process improvements.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience in the insurance industry, life insurance highly desirable.
- Experience in preparation of account reconciliations, journal entries and month-end financial closings.
- Understanding of statutory accounting principles and statutory financial statement filings.
- Good organizational and referencing skills related to work papers, financial statements and schedules prepared.
- Excellent personal computer skills, including MS Office including Excel, Word, Outlook. Excel proficiency a plus.
- Knowledge of General Ledger Systems and Regulatory Filing Systems, or other insurance specific financial applications experience a plus.
- Insurance industry financial applications experience a plus.
- Strong analytical ability and communication skills.
- SRQ and AmBest preparation experience would be a plus, but not required.
vcfo is a national search and staffing firm offering customized solutions to our clients and professional representation of our candidates. Qualified candidates will be contacted and screened before being submitted to any of our client companies. vtalent is a vcfo company with offices in Austin, Dallas, Houston, and Denver.
For more information on vcfo services and current openings visit our website at #removed#
vcfo makes companies stronger through finance, HR, technology and recruiting support, enabling business leaders to focus on driving objectives and growth plans. We’re more than just a financial consulting firm. We provide expert guidance and assistance with a suite of services across the operational spectrum.
Our model offers customized engagement solutions that fit your needs. Whether you seek part-time, interim, project-based or full-time support, vcfo’s scalable and tailored offerings ensure that you pay only for the resources and services you need:
*Planning, budgeting and forecasting optimization
*Recruiting, developing and retaining top talent
*Driving integration of information across the company
*Strengthening compliance programs and internal controls
*Aligning employees for organizational success and improved communication
*Upgrading or implementing new technology systems
Role: Investment Accountant
Apply for this job now.