Do you have supervisor and technical hands-on experience in the repair and rebuild of HYDRAULIC components and systems? Are you passionate about managing day-to-day shop activities including: job scheduling, troubleshooting, mentoring, resource management, estimating and shop management? If so, you should consider a career with Lightning Bay Pneu-Draulics.
You will be responsible for working hand in hand with the senior management team to meet the needs of our customers and staff. You will have specific goals related to growing profit, increasing efficiency, reducing errors, and improving the level of quality and customer service from the shop and field.
This position requires someone who knows and understands the tempo of a shop dedicated to meeting customer expectations and deadlines. MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE working in shop environment and specifically understand HYDRAULICS, PNEUMATICS, MACHINING, WELDING, and TROUBLESHOOTING.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AS A SHOP OPERATIONS MANAGER
· Maintain and give updates to the shop production schedule
· Communicate all work in progress and inform senior management of potential problems
· Assist technicians in set-up and quality control
· Coach and train operators to make adjustments to set-ups and programs to improve yield and cycle times
· Work with estimators on complex jobs to validate expectation of manufacturing processes and scope of job.
· Plan jobs and preventive maintenance to fully utilize shop resources
· Monitor employees to ensure machines are running at optimal efficiency.
· Calculate material stock sizes & lengths
· Coordinate the best methods of remanufacturing and manage inventory including oversight of raw materials
· Inspect all jobs to ensure no components or parts fail established quality control guidelines
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU (OUR REQUIREMENTS)
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Previous hands-on experience in the repair and rebuild of fluid power hydraulic systems and components
· Minimum of five years supervisory experience in a repair/job shop environment
· Lead shop operations to include scheduling, supervising, and coaching
· Track and handle job costing per quotes and customer schedules
· Follow and carry out quality control management
· Follow and implement safety protocols
· Facilitate shop job and safety meetings
· Proven leadership with strong interpersonal skills
· Detail oriented and able to plan, organize, and direct work force
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journal specifications & procedures
· Review shop position resumes and initiate phone screens for potential applicants
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
· Knowledge of computers and networks
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING FOR US (OUR BENEFITS)
· Competitive salary, based on experience and qualifications
· Medical, dental and vision coverage
· Retirement savings account with a company match
· Long and short term disability
· Paid vacation and paid sick time
· Uniforms and uniform laundry provided after 30 days
· Great work environment and a team atmosphere!
This position requires a clean driving record, able to pass a background check and align with our drug free safety programs and policies, including pre-employment drug test.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lightning Bay Pneu-Draulics is a leading provider of industrial and hydraulic service. Based out of Tampa, FL with an additional branch in Jacksonville, Florida. We provide shop and field service to our customers and troubleshoot, install, re-manufacture, or redesign fluid power systems. Our shop capabilities surpass all others in the industry as we have full machining and fabrication capabilities and the ability to re-manufacture and test equipment for our customers. Some industries that we serve include: marine, mining, manufacturing, fertilizer and chemical, food and beverage, and metal processing.
Lightning Bay is an EOE/Drug Free Workplace
Role: Shop Operations Manager
Apply for this job now.