Our client is an award-winning, full service, commercial law firm and they are rapidly developing a national reputation for its innovative approach to delivering legal services. They operate in the financial services, leisure, retail & consumer goods, technology & media, renewables, housing and public sectors. Their specialisms are real estate, banking and finance, commercial, corporate, employment, dispute resolution and litigation.
They are seeking a Legal Secretary to support their Property Litigation team within their head office which is based in central Bristol. This role will be supporting the Partner of this department along with a Legal Director and 2 Solicitors.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with secretarial and administrative tasks and to provide assistance to others in the team and group when required.
- Digital dictation (audio typing).
- Assisting the national team with overflow typing when required
- Creating/amending documents.
- Collating documentation in advance of court hearings, arbitration or mediation.
- Dealing with a range of client specific billing requirements and generating a large number of bills on a monthly basis.
- Filing, electronic filing and general admin duties such as faxing and photocopying.
- Managing diary appointments and making arrangements for meetings. Some use of Excel for invoicing purposes as well as for creating mail merge documentation.
Our client looks for previous legal support experience. They are looking for a can-do and helpful person to support this busy team.
In addition to this you will also have:
- Experience of Outlook for Emails and Diary Management.
- Experience of Laserforms, Excel and Workshare would be an advantage.
- Experience of Property searches and enquiries would be an advantage, (but training can be given for a suitable candidate)
- Previous secretarial experience in a legal environment. Ideally this would be in Real Estate, Property Litigation or Commercial Litigation
- Strong ability to self manage a large workload in a busy team.
The Benefits: Contributory Pension, Group Life, Private Medical Insurance, 25 days' holiday & a flexible benefits scheme.
The Hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
The Location: Central Bristol, no car parking.
The Salary: Up to £26,000 Dependent on skills and experience