Teacher of Design Technology
Teacher of Design and Technology Key Stage 3
£29,915 - £41,136 per annum
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is holding Qualified Teachers Status.
The proposed start date for this role would be September 2021.
An adequately qualified and experienced teacher of Design Technology is required to start from September 2021 at an Ofsted “Good” school based in Redbridge.
Smart Teachers is seeking to appoint an experienced Design Technology teacher who has a proven track record of teaching across Key stage 3. This post is particularly suitable for a newly qualified or experienced teacher who would like to be offered the opportunity to work a heavily oversubscribed local 11-18 school based in Redbridge.
The school has high expectations for its pupils' education and wants them to excel beyond their lessons. They believe that their pupils need to learn, grow, and thrive to be successful regardless of their starting point.
To be considered for the Teacher of Design Technology position, you will:
- Relevant specialist experience and qualifications in your subject specialism with the ability to teach at Key Stage 3
- Able to teach Textiles and Food Technology
- Qualified Teachers Status
- Be eligible to work in the UK (must have a valid visa)
- Possess recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Teacher of Design Technology who can enthuse, motivate, and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Secondary team on #removed#, quoting the reference DXUDT20788.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.