Company: OBERG INDUSTRIES
Job Type: Apprenticeship, FullTime
Under moderate supervision, maintain the high standards associated with Oberg Industries, LLC., and produce accurate high-quality parts by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Set up and operate equipment to efficiently perform job.
- Understand the use of measuring tools and the calibration requirements.
- Offer input on how to improve the operations.
- Record how much time is spent on each job.
- Modify CNC programs as needed.
- Must understand use of different cutters and possess ability to determine correct feeds and speeds for those cutters.
- Produces acceptable number of parts in established time frames.
- Check finished dimensions to four place tolerance.
- Must be able to train other employees as required.
- Follow the daily schedule.
- Follow the guidelines for the verification system.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Comply with state and federal law safety regulations in addition to Oberg safety and security procedures.
- Adhere to company policies and state and federal laws and regulations relating to employment, including promoting a workplace free of discrimination and harassment.
- Other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work in a standing, sitting, or bent position for 10 hours/day and must be able to lift a maximum of 35 pounds with control and unassisted. The employee must be able to raise arms above shoulders and maintain dexterity for extended periods of time and also use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and be able to stoop or kneel for excessive periods of time. The employee must be able to perform the physical demands of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee must be able to wear personal protective equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently around large industrial machinery, and the employee constantly works near moving mechanical parts that create a moderately high noise level.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and engineering drawings. Knowledge of GD&T preferred.
- Must be able to locate, diagnose and correct problems in equipment and systems utilizing test equipment and/or prior work experience.
- Knowledge of algebra and trigonometry preferred.
- Must be able to communicate through written, verbal, or other means of communication.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or be able to comply with U.S. export regulations.
- Must be able to work all shifts including holidays and weekends.
- Must be able to work 50 hours per week, however, schedule may be adjusted according to business and operational needs.
- Must be able to wear personal protection equipment, such as earplugs, safety glasses, and safety shoes.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE/EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Successful completion of the apprenticeship program or equivalent experience required.
- The preceding is presented as a matter of occupational information and guidance only, all such other reasonable tasks, duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary may be included for satisfactory performance.
Powered by JazzHR