We've partnered with a fast-growing Ultrafast Broadband provider who are looking for an experienced Fibre Engineer to join them in the early stages of growth.
The company itself offers one of the most advanced fibre network solutions in the UK providing "True Fibre" direct to the router.
They predominantly supply the new build / housing developments ensuring the products are live prior the residents moving in. As such, Projects can be diverse, and the ideal candidate would have extensive experience with Fibre Network Builds (FTTP/FTTH) including building joints, nodes, splicing, customer installations and everything in between.
This role will be covering areas along the M4 corridor such as Bristol, Oxford, Swindon and Bath.
What You'll do:
Reporting to the Field Manager you will install, connect, and test optical fibre cable across the network.
• Salary - £27,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
• Company pension scheme.
• Company van, fuel card, laptop, and phone
• 25 holiday days per year.
• Worked with project managers to complete network build & installations to specific deadlines.
• Completed inspections to ascertain whether anything is preventing a successful installation.
• Worked with design schematics, duct diagrams and works instructions.
• Prepared different types of cable sheathing systems and accessories for the jointing
• Have a minimum of 2-year experience of fibre splicing and joint building
• Hold a current trade card (ECS/CSCS/EUSR)
• Street Works Qualification Register (SWQR) ticket highly desirable; and
• B + E trailer licence desirable.