We are currently recruiting for a Lead/Principle/Managing Developer for a small and successful organisation specialising in research and development. This role will be managing the resource across the development team and managing the development projects with an element of hands on development but the role will be leaned towards managing the development/product, leading the team and working with clients and the internal PM to manage timescales and validation requirements.
The successful candidate will have a proven experience leading on the resource management across development teams and you will have exposure to working with Project Management to understand project priorities and system validation requirements. As the hands on Principle you will be required to assess the development teams capabilities and assess the strengths and any training opportunities to strengthen the team. Whilst working closely with the team you will look at process improvement and ensuring the coding standards are adhered to by the coding team whilst still getting involved in the design, coding, and testing of technical solutions.
A key part of this new position will be liaising with clients or Project Manager to establish clear user requirements, often going through system validation processes working with users to insure solutions are as required. You will be well versed in creating and reviewing project plans to determine project deliverables and timelines. The chosen candidate will be required to apply and share knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to clients and you will understand standard systems development life cycle processes and apply methodology effectively on client engagements. Ideally you will have some experience of Scrum and Agile, however you will have the lead on the best way to lead the team and projects and what methodologies best suitJob Requirements:
- Considerable experience in web based software development
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a changeable environment
- Proven team management experience
- Experience with Jira
- Solid PHP development experience
- Good understanding of Apache web services
- Good understanding of Linux with regard to server management
- Good communications and client management skills
- Confident in SQL
- Understands relational database concepts
- Demonstrate good understanding of object and component methodology and technology
- Possesses knowledge of various database access methods
- Ability to handle work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work alone and within a team environment
- Demonstrate flexibility in day-to-day work
Role: Principal/Lead Developer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Ely, Cambridgeshire,
Apply for this job now.