Purpose of the job:
- To ensure the 5 star Food Safety at all times
- To assist the Head Chef and in her absence to lead the kitchen team to ensure that every guest leaves really happy and wanting to return.
- To operate at all times within the Chilled Values
Duties and responsibilities
- Familiarise yourself and manage kitchen procedures to comply with all current legislation and company policies & procedures including:
- food safety
- health & safety
- fire & security
- Implement the food safety policy and management systems to ensure that food safety standards are of a 5star standard to ensure that all food is safe, wholesome and fit for human consumption
- Assess all risks associated with food production in conjunction with the General Manager and introduce food control measures to reduce those risks to a tolerable level.
- Ensure that all food handlers are trained to a level of competence commensurate with their duties
- Co-operate with the General Manager in all food safety and related matters
- Comply with all relevant policies and procedures
- Maintain all due diligence records and have those available for inspection at all times.
- Create a happy, professional kitchen brigade which is dedicated to quality which willensure that every guest leaves really happy and wanting to return
- Promote a sales driving culture which willensure that every guest leaves really happy and wanting to return
- Promote and actively encourage co-operation with the front of house team
- Promote co-operation between the pizza kitchen team and the main kitchen team.
- Train & develop all individuals within the whole kitchen brigade to enable them to do their job well and help them realise their potential
- Train and develop individuals within each team to enable them to work in both the main kitchen and the pizza kitchen
- Inspire and motivate the team to achieve consistently good food and to the correct specification
- Lead by example and set the pace and standards
- Praise and recognise good performance
- Deal appropriately and respectfully with poor performance through informal reprimands and where necessary through the Disciplinary Procedure – in conjunction with the General Manager
- Get passionate and get the kitchen team passionate about guest feedback on food quality
- Ensure that the food is of a consistently good quality and to the correct specification toensure that every guest leaves really happy and wanting to return
- Ensure all food is presented for service in a timely manner
- Inspire and motivate the team to ensure consistency in the quality of the food in your absence
Food Sales Development
- Plan, prepare, cook and present ‘seriously good food… in an unserious way’ toensure that every guest leaves really happy and wanting to return
- Look for sales opportunities in all aspects of the business and encourage the kitchen brigade to do the same
- Promote a positive perception of the business at all times both internally and externally
- Identify training needs and deliver training to drive sales and profitability whilst still ensuring that every guest leaves really happy and wanting to return
Delivery of food margins
- To meet and exceed the company food GP budget whilst still ensuring that every guest leaves really happy wanting to return.
- Train all of the kitchen team on how to achieve food margins
- Order stock to the appropriate levels and not over order
- Prepare food for service appropriate to sales levels
- Control and record wastage
- Ensure staff food policy is followed with no unauthorised food leaving the kitchen
- Rotate stock and keep the cold room and fridges in order store rooms
- Implement and ensure that the company’s Health and Safety Policy is met at all times-this includes the training of all kitchen staff.
- Comply and implement all Health and Safety and Food Hygiene requirements of the company.
- Ensure temperature records and food labelling are maintained and up to date
- Ensure the kitchen is kept clean & hygienic, making sure cleaning rotas are adhered to and records kept
- Ensure the kitchen uniform and personal hygiene requirements are adhered to
- Ensure the kitchen runs smoothly on a daily basis & is adequately stocked with all necessary goods.
- Attend management meetings as requested
- Conduct weekly food stock take and implement actions for continual improvement
- Manage and deliver the agreed food gross margin targets
- Manage the kitchen labour & rotas within the kitchen labour budget
- Creative, positive, energetic
- Real passion for food
- Leader, team builder & developer of people
- Commercially minded sales driver
- Dedication to quality
- Great organisation & planning skills
Role: Sous Chef
Job Type: Sous Chef
Location: Derby, East Midlands
Apply for this job now.