SUMMARY OF POSITION: Responsible for the set-up of moderately complex jobs and operation of CNC equipment: i.e., Swiss Lathes, Chucker Lathes, Vertical Mills, Wire and Sinker EDMs etc. Ensuring that all required processes are completed to produce parts that meet quality and ISO standards. Responsible to assist in the training of personnel as required.
- Set-up moderately complex jobs and operate computerized numerical control (CNC) machines to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics. Able to run multiple machines at one time.
- Review and understand blueprints, process drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and set up requirements.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, coolant flow and enter command to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media; observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of–tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, height gauges, and gauge blocks.
- Responsible to assist in the training of personnel as required.
- Confers with Supervisor, engineers, production personnel, programmers or others to resolve machining problems.
- Complete essential documentation as required.
- Assure all policies and procedures are followed and safety precautions are taken to reduce the risk of injury
- Maintain a clean work area and assure safe operation of all equipment.
- Must be available on reasonable notice for unscheduled overtime to meet production schedules.
- Perform and document Operator Preventative Maintenance operations as needed.
EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION: High School Graduate or equivalent. Three or more years CNC machining experience or demonstrated performance.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision. Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of GD&T.
- Complete knowledge of G-Codes.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Knowledge of Cad Cam software such as Surf Cam or Part Maker is a plus.
Zing Professional Recruiting is a nationwide recruiting firm that focuses on knowing the client and knowing you. We serve Fortune 500 and Global clients in a variety of industries across the United States. We get the right people in the right jobs. We are looking for TOP Talent to match with our clients.
Zing Recruiting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Role: Swiss Machinist - 1st shift
Apply for this job now.