We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our team!
- Complete work and repair orders in a timely fashion
- Estimate time and extent of repairs
- Perform routine preventive maintenance
- Oversee work performed by outside contractors as necessary
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, etc.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine equipment process care maintenance techniques.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Provides mechanical/electrical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical/electrical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing technical publications.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in maintenance or other related fields
- Familiarity with maintenance tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Minimum two-year degree and three years of industrial experience or high school diploma and five years of related experience in industrial maintenance.
- Skills in the areas of pneumatic, hydraulic and drive systems are needed.
- Experience with troubleshooting and repairing AC/DC drives, PLC’s and industrial controls is a must. Experience with Allen Bradley controls a plus.
Intertape Polymer Group Inc.. (IPG) is an acknowledged leader in the packaging industry. Leveraging its advanced manufacturing and technologies, extensive research and development capabilities and a comprehensive strategic acquisition program, the company believes it has assembled the broadest and deepest range of products in the industry.
IPG is a recognized leader in the development, manufacture and sale of a variety of paper and film based pressure sensitive and water activated tapes, polyethylene and specialized polyolefin films, and complementary packaging systems for industrial and retail use. Additionally, IPG is a leader in the woven coated fabrics industry. Its performance products, including tapes and cloths, are designed for demanding aerospace, automotive and industrial applications and are sold to a broad range of industry/specialty distributors, retail stores and large end-users in diverse industries.
Role: Maintenance Technician
Apply for this job now.