ABOUT THIS ROLE:
We are looking for a highly motivated, organised and passionate Business Analyst with excellent attention to detail to join our technology team. As Business Analyst, you will be responsible for the successful analysis of business processes and the development of scoping and technical specification documents through collaboration with business units. You will also be required to work closely with our development team and act as a bridge between business units and the development team, so a technical mindset and excellent communication and organisational skills are essential for this role.
- Collaborate with business units to translate business needs to business case and technical specification documents.
- Hands on and forward-thinking approach to evaluating and improving existing solutions whilst observing opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with and support the Analysis and Development team on other projects where required.
- Take part in other reasonable tasks and site visits where required.
- A solid understanding in how solutions are designed and developed and provide recommendations on how solutions can be developed to suit business needs.
- Experience in working with Microsoft BI tools such as SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and Power BI (other BI tools are acceptable)
- Experience in working in a development and analytical environment with a technical and logical mindset.
- Assist the Head of Software and Business Intelligence with project management tasks and activities, taking the lead on projects where required.
- Continuously observing business processes for automation improvements and leading a smarter working environment.
- Conduct data analysis routines where required and provide recommendations back to the business based on findings from analysis.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Business or IT (or related fields).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to detect problems and provide solutions.
- Outstanding organisational and project management skills.
- Analytical mindset and experience in working with BI tools.