Responsible for proper set-up, operation, and troubleshooting of paperboard sheeter machine. This position requires working 8-12 hours per day, including regularly scheduled overtime, weekend work, and rotating day/night shifts.
1. Transfer verified information from the docket to the sheeter set up screen; set up (data) information will include: base weight, length, and caliper
2. Operator will fill out roll record to include roll numbers, weight, linear footage and pallet that it is assigned to; linear footage not used for each roll will also be noted
3. Confirm job jacket contains dockets and pallet cards
4. Fill out required reports to include: Press Operator Report, Sheeter Quality Check Sheet, and Roll Record
5. Set up Fast Section to approximate length of paper being used and adjust rollers to the proper caliper
6. Load pallet on Layboy elevator and adjust to proper height
7. Set joggers to the proper width and backboard to the required length. Rollers in the delivery section should be indented at least 1-inch from the edge of the paper. Each board should have at least three rollers in contact, with wider boards having additional roller contact
8. Operator will visually note that the board is in the middle of the apron
9. Perform other duties as assigned
Dominion Packaging, Inc. was founded in order to provide quality products, excellent customer service, and low cost in the folding carton marketplace. We print, die cut, and finish packaging for multi-national quick service restaurants, tobacco companies, and various food and beverage conglomerates.
Role: Sheeter Operator
Apply for this job now.