On Road Hook Truck Driver/Labor - Savannah, GA
SFC Contract Services is looking for an On-Road Hook Truck Driver/Labor employee. The driver will operate diesel-powered haul vehicles in short to intermediate distance hauls to a landfill. This wage for this role, entry level is $15-$16 per hour. A Class B DOT license is required for this position.
The driver will transport and deliver bulk material using a roll off can. Drivers will operate equipment inside a facility setting. The driver shall apply basic skills in maneuvering vehicle along facility travel paths such as roadways, off road settings and uneven terrain. Unloading the truck, proper load placement during dumping of material. Safe pickup, transport and dumping of material in designated areas.
This job will require manual labor in a construction environment when not operating hook truck.
· Inspect truck(s) and equipment daily and listing components for repair, both before and after trips.
· Submit daily reports indicating truck equipment are in good working order.
· Report any action items
· Safely operate the equipment
· Read, understand and comply with safety procedures, directions and applicable information for the particular load and its destination.
· Cleaning the rear bumper and fender section clear of material using shovels or scrapers after each load is dumped. At the end of each shift all trucks will be washed and swept out.
· Communicate with plant personnel, other drivers and equipment operators by radio and other audible sounds
· Possess a Class B CDL
· Ability to perform manual labor
- Knowledge of the use of tools and equipment in servicing equipment.
- Ability to carry out written and oral instructions.
· Be able to work different shifts.
Please provide three professional references for the previous five years of employment.
Starting Wage commensurate with experience. - Includes Benefit Package Retirement - 401K, Paid Time Off, Holidays and Medical Insurance.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal background check, drug test and physical examination.
SFC Contract Services reserves the right to modify this job description based on business needs.
SFC Contract Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building a strong dedicated diverse workforce.
Role: On Road CDL B Hook Truck Driver
Apply for this job now.