JOB TYPE: Temporary, Contract, Permanent
SALARY: 35000.00 - 40000.00 Annual
LuckyTrip is the UK's leading travel inspiration app, picked by Apple as 'Best of the Year'
Set your budget, tap the 'Lucky' button and see a complete trip to a new destination - the cheapest flights, best places to stay, and hand-picked things to do there.
We love finding the most amazing adventures. Think pink lagoons, secret beaches and haunted Romanian forests…
LuckyTrip is a forward thinking, creative company - other travel companies look up to us as being the best at using content to inspire people to travel.
Our content team find the most unique, amazing adventures - inspiring young people to travel through inspirational content that pushes boundaries. We're looking for a Head of Content to run this creative team and be in charge of the production of all of our content, and the strategy that guides all of our content, social and marketing.
Our audience is young, fun, and obsessed with travel, we want to be the first stop for a new generation of travellers and you'll have a key role in achieving this.
We're a young, small team and we love what we do. After an amazing launch across Europe and one of the UK's most successful crowdfunding campaigns, we're ready to take LuckyTrip global. Fancy it?
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- You'll be in charge of our amazing content team, leading strategy and keeping track of all projects, campaigns and deadlines.
- You'll edit, maintain and improve our content, becoming fluent in the LuckyTrip style and tone of voice.
- You'll help create content, social and marketing strategies using performance based metrics and knowledge of current tech and cultural trends.
- You'll work closely with the CCO and Head of Product to deliver exceptional content packages to our partners.
- You'll become a whizz at our admin panel (CMS) understanding how the product and content system work together.
- You'll generate ideas that will help improve the content and product.
- You'll keep the content calendar updated.
- You'll lead weekly content progress meetings and have regular catch-ups with the content team.
- You'll engage with SEO, Google & Facebook analytics
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- This is a huge opportunity to work at one of the most exciting travel startups. We're looking for someone who's really ambitious and ready to work super hard to help us succeed.
- This is a senior role and we would expect you to be a leader within the company, working closely with the Founders to guide the company to success.
- You can manage a team (including remote workers) in a friendly and supportive manner.
- You'll lead the content team by example, rewarding hard work and setting up positive work practices.
- You have a scarily accurate attention to detail.
- You never miss a deadline and can keep track of multiple campaigns.
- You can write accurately and proficiently - perfect spelling and grammar.
- You're able to give and receive feedback, always focussing on the positives and providing solutions to problems.
- You know your way around an excel spreadsheet and have an understanding of content metrics.
- You're social media savvy, comfortable navigating Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
- You have initiative and are able to express your opinion confidently.
- You're willing to work your proverbial nuts off (and can show you've done so before).
- You're a creative person who can spot opportunities to help us continually innovate.
- You'll know what's trending in the industry and how to stay engaged.
- You get weirdly aroused at the thought of travel… and have some stories of your own - personal experience is your friend in this role.
- You're FUN! We're a small team, full of work hard play hard types - bring the good vibes!
- 2/3 years experience in a similar role
- Managerial experience
- Experience working with content calendars and deadlines
- Extremely high attention to detail and freaky organisational skills
- Proven ability with content campaigns and projects
- Social Media experience
- Comfortable with Google Docs, Excel, CMS systems, Google & FB analytics
- A second European language is a big plus (German, French, Spanish or Italian).
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- A fun work environment at our office in Hackney Downs Studios - a creative hub of small businesses in East London with an onsite bar, restaurant and yoga studio.
- Work from home at least 1 day a week.
- Weekly team socials.
- Equity in the business dependent on performance.
The opportunity to join one of the most up and coming, exciting startups in the UK.
Role: Head of Content
Job Type: Any
Apply for this job now.