Job Summary:Responsible for performing pharmacy support activities under the supervision of a Pharmacist.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets and services all patients that come in to the pharmacy.
- Handles in and outbound calls to patients, insurance companies and healthcare providers regarding patient prescription care.
- Maintains accurate record of in and outbound calls regarding medication, patient demographics, refills, new information, etc.
- Update patient profile with all the necessary information from prescription.
- Ensure that patient’s allergies, therapies, and current medication are updated regularly in patient profile history.
- Verify eligibility, proof and input prescriptions while maintaining productivity and quality standards.
- Responsible for accepting new prescriptions and making sure all necessary information is available to process orders.
- Document correspondence and follow up with patients, healthcare professionals and/or third party payors.
- Handles incomplete or rejected prescriptions and track claim status in the system.
- Arranges customer consultations with Pharmacist when requested.
- Collects payments and operates the point of sale register.
- Handles refills and returned medications according to federal, state and company guidelines.
- Complies with pharmacy and legal requirements by adhering to the pharmacy's Code of Conduct and Ethics, HIPAA regulations, Fraud Waste and Abuse standards, and other applicable regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing assigned tasks as needed.
- Any other duty assigned to support the needs of the business.
- Must be registered with the Ohio Board of Pharmacy
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 0-2 years’ experience as Pharmacy Tech
This position description identifies responsibilities and expectation for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by Executive Management.
Role: Certified Pharmacy Technician
Location: West Chester,
Apply for this job now.