This technical position is focused on conceptualizing and executing industrial manufacturing system designs in support of the sales efforts to companies within the pulp and paper industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and draft the master top-level general arrangement drawing to illustrate the relation of proposed installation to customer facility.
- Generate preliminary budgets for proposed equipment.
- Review and respond to customer quotation requests including RFQ documents and prepare required conforming bids.
- Provide technical support to the Sales Force with project conceptualization, cost estimating and pricing.
- Schedule review meetings with engineers, vendors, and sales for project design and function.
- Directly interact with current and prospective customers addressing questions and providing solutions.
- Utilizing 2D and 3D platforms, conceptualize and develop manufacturing systems meeting all applicable Customer, Industry and Regulatory requirements.
- Review and analyze contract requirements to develop system architecture and timing to meet all specifications and performance goals.
- Prepare and submit complete and accurate drawings to support customer requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSME/BSEE degree or comparable training/schooling in mechanical design engineering required.
- Minimum of eight years hands on engineering experience required.
- Proven familiarity with the pulp and paper industry required.
- Proven proficiency with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and Inventor or SolidWorks required. Experience with MS Project a plus.
- Minimum of seven years experience in a manufacturing environment desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industrial handling/packaging machinery design required.
- Experience with motor and reducer sizing, chain, gear belt, v-belt and direct drive sizing and application, as well as sizing and application of hydraulic and pneumatic actuators, such as cylinders, motors, air bags, grippers, and rotary actuators required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, motion and control components required.
- Expertise and applicable knowledge in one or more engineering disciplines or proprietary products required.
- Proven track record of creative thinking and the application of engineering principles and solutions to technical and performance problems.
- Proven attention to detail with an emphasis on drawing specifications required.
- Strong written and verbal business communication skills a must.
- Proven track record of being self-motivated, working with minimal supervision, and leading and partnering with diverse team members required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities efficiently, retain a sense of urgency and meet strict timelines required.
- Conduct oneself with the highest level of professionalism and ethical standards.
Established in 1917 in Tacoma, Washington, USA, Globe Machine Manufacturing Company is a 100 year old machinery & systems designer & builder with expertise in high capacity automated production systems.
Today, Globe is a premier supplier of custom designed, built, and fully integrated equipment and systems for industries that include plastic composites, automotive, aerospace, pulp and paper, and building products.
Recent developments are in high capacity, automated manufacturing systems including Wind Turbine Blade Automation, Out-of-Autoclave Composite Press Systems, and Ultra-high Pressure Press lines for Plastic Armor.
Role: Pulp and Paper Engineer
Apply for this job now.