Company: SNOOZE ORCHARD PARK PLACE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Prep Cook Earnings Potential: Up to $17/Hour
Snooze - Who are we? Morning people! Yes, we are those people. We are a full-service breakfast restaurant, and we want each morning to feel like your weekend and happy hour rolled into one — no matter which side of noon it's on. We're the place where you can be you, and where our regulars are anything but. Everyone's welcome at our table, because the same goes for our people as it does for our dishes: the unexpected twists are what makes them so special.
- No late nights—you'll be home by dinner time every night!
- Weekly pay and competitive hourly rates
- An allowance of $15 per shift to treat yo self to some breakfast and café drinks!
- Healthcare options for full-time Snoozers (30+ hours/week) after hanging with us for a year.
- A birthday meal on us! You deserve it!
- Paid community volunteer days.
- Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day to spend time with family and friends.
- The opportunity for development and advancement opportunities.
- Unlimited dance parties!
The Position Specifics
- Assumes 100% responsibility for the quality, food safety/sanitation, and timeliness of dishes served
- Responsible for being well-acquainted with all menu items, recipes, plating guidelines, and sanitation/basic safety information
- Prepares a variety of food items using knives, electric mixers, immersion blenders, food processors, scales, and portion bags
- Shows up when scheduled and prepares, stocks, and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure smooth service
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station including tables, shelves, broilers, sauté, burners, ovens, flat top griddles, and refrigeration equipment both during and after service
- Handles, stores, and rotates all products properly in accordance with health department standards and Snoozy Sanitation guidelines
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the opening and closing checklist for kitchen stations completing deep clean projects as dictated by the management team
Is This Role For you?Prep Cooks at Snooze are...
- fun, energetic, eager and a committed team member.
- experienced. A minimum of 1 year of experience in the restaurant industry.
- fast paced. A minimum of 6 months experience in a high-volume restaurant setting preferred.
- able to communicate clearly with teammates and the management team.
- able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
- at least 18 years of age and authorized to work in the US.
Let'sTalk About Safety Your safety is our #1 priority. Because of that, it is every Snoozer's responsibility to ensure cleanliness, sanitation, and safety within our restaurants. We hold both Snoozers and guests accountable to our Safety Guidelines. We require daily wellness checks from all Snoozers and are committed to a safe working environment.
Snooze is an Equal Opportunity Employer