Company: SOUTHEASTERN DATA COOPERATIVE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Job Description SEDC
is seeking a Territory Manager
to help lead the Vision 2025 in our Product Support division headquartered in Atlanta.
SEDC was formed in 1976 by a group of Electric Membership Cooperatives with a vision for a single enterprise solution provider to serve data processing, IT, and operational needs to cooperatives, public utility districts, and municipal utilities. Through carefully curated acquisitions and partnerships, SEDC has unified multiple leading-edge companies under its umbrella in order to truly execute that vision. Today, the SEDC Suite serves over 500 utilities across the country with industry leading enterprise software solutions.
Primary liaison between the member/customer and the company's product support and relationship management teams. Using subject matter expertise, advises customers on the best usage of enterprise solutions that are offered by the company based on understanding of each member/customer's business strategy and operational requirements. TM's primary focus is to ensure the needs of Member/Customers come first and to build deeper and broader relationships with them. TMs Advocates for the customer to senior management/assigned executive sponsors and informs other departments on any customer issues discovered during site visits or other customer communications.
- Focused on assigned territories and existing members/customers.
- Expected to develop and implement account and relationship development plans and a strategy to grow relationships and revenue.
- Identifies new sales opportunities including up-selling and cross-selling within existing accounts and effectively transfers the opportunity to the appropriate BDM.
- Expected to establish the Relationship Management Program (RMP) for each account with a scheduled quarterly cadence or as needed by the member/customer.
- Expected to meet or exceed product utilization and revenue growth goals under the direction of the Relationship Management Director (dotted line) while retaining current responsibilities and activities in Product Support (solid line).
- Expected to establish and communicate the value proposition and ROI around the use of the current solutions in place and determine/uncover additional business issues that can be resolved by expanding the use of the SEDC platform.
- Creates a long-term valued relationship across all departments to help them meet their business goals leveraging current and recommended solutions.
- Acts as a trusted advisor and serves as the primary business contact to encourage and promote additional sales opportunities, referrals, and lead generation.
- Meets with member/customer's senior management team to gain an understanding of the utility's and personal KPIs.
- Obtains input regarding concerns, requirements, and expectations regarding proprietary software and presents feedback to internal senior management to ensure the best possible customer experience.
- Leverages internal subject matter experts to advise members/customers on the best use of the products and services that are offered based on understanding of each customer's business operations and requirements.
- Act as an extension of Product Support and provide expertise and guidance when possible.
- Manages, identifies, reports, and oversees the resolution of issues and/or new functionality acting as liaison to executives at the utility to executive sponsors at SEDC.
- Expected to act as the member/customer champion and facilitator when the member/customer is requesting assistance or new features. Communicate (not provide) commitments from support or product owners.
- Expected to share innovative ideas from member/customers based upon the business needs uncovered during discovery and Relationship Management Program meetings.
- Expected to ask and track NPS (Net Promoter Score) at each RMP meeting
- Facilitate budgetary estimates, technical quotes, migration strategies, interaction with product support and other parts of the organization to remain the main point of contact.
- Responsible for integrating and/or maintaining customer information and contacts across several platforms, including third party software and internal systems.
- Expected to stay current on additional or new functionality of the proprietary software applications to communicate with member/customers the value proposition in order to help them meet their goals.
- Provides senior management updates on the current climate of relationship with customer and communicates relevant information, including high level employee changes to management.
- Represents the company at conferences, meetings, and networking events.
- Travel to customer sites when necessary for onsite audits, special projects, or account reviews.
- Travel: 50-70%
Guided by the SEDC Vision 2025 strategy, our leaders have developed 5 stretch goals to achieve a best-in-class organization for our members, customers, and employees.
It is a priority that our future team member embraces these goals and demonstrate the behaviors to guide the company to realize success:
- Act as One Unified Company
- Put Our Members/Customers First in All We Do
- Be Known for Our Innovative Products and People
- Grow our Reputation and Market Share
- Compete on Culture