Weekly Rotating shifts:
Days 6am- 6pm Mon- Thursday
Nights 6pm-6am Mon- Thurs
Pay rate: £8.91 per hour
Role: Warehouse Operative
These roles can lead to permanent positions for successful candidates.
Our Client based on the outskirts of Halifax and Huddersfield is currently looking for a general Warehouse Operative to join their well-established and busy operation.
Our long-standing client is one of the largest and most successful companies in Europe in their market. They supply to the most prominent names in the furniture industry and cover industry sectors ranging from manufacturers right through to retailers.
New starters will be completing general Warehouse tasks with the view of being trained up on the machines.
Please be aware that due to the nature of the products, some heavy lifting may be required as part of this role.
This company can offer further training and progression for the individuals who show willingness to learn excellent work ethic and perform well in their daily tasks.
Attributes we are looking for:
- Manufacturing background and understanding of manufacturing process desirable
- Experience working in a warehouse environment
- Experience of operating wood machinery desirable
- Ability to work as a part of the team and also on the individual basis
- Good timekeeping and attendance record
Previous experience can include the following:
- Working within a production environment
- Knowledge of common warehouse layouts and their functionality
- Experience in picking, packing and moving merchandise safely
- Replenishing stock in the correct warehouse locations
- Ability to work at speed
- Pride in keeping the production and warehouse areas tidy and organised
- Stock taking
- Labelling stock
- Quality checking outgoing stock
- Completing all production & warehousing tasks within allotted time frames
- Performing general warehouse duties
- Stock audits
- Wood machinist