COMPANY: ROYDS WITHY KING
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full Time
About the Role
To grow and develop the Real Estate department in Bath, as a senior member of the team, whilst maintaining a consistent level of excellent client service. To support the Head of Department/Sector Lead in achieving the business plan. To have line management responsibility for a small team.
To consistently deliver a high standard of legal advice to clients in a commercially astute manner, delivering outstanding client service at all times. To assist with the marketing of the department's services and undertaking business development activities to build on the firm and team's reputation for excellence. Undertake supervision of more junior colleagues.
Duties will include:
- Manage a caseload of commercial real estate files, dealing effectively with cases involving social care/health/medical teams
- Meet financial targets and supports the budgetary management of client matters.
- Build credibility with clients and develops own client relationships through managing client expectations regarding options, outcomes, risk and timescales.
- Develop technical ability, seeking excellence at all times. Begin to develop a niche/ sector expertise.
- Grow internal and external networks of clients, intermediaries and contacts, build on personal profile and reputation.
- Take responsibility for managing aspects of projects.
- Lead and coach a small team, delegating tasks and client work to junior lawyers and trainees, providing clear instructions and monitoring progress.
- Ensure understanding of the firm's strategic goals and sets own personal activities/ objectives to align.
Skills & Experience:
Associate or Senior Associate with a broad knowledge of commercial real estate and willingness to carry our business development
Previous experience dealing with social care/health/medical teams would be advantageous but not a pre -requisite
Ability to manage own files and delegate work to others
Strong client management skills with a focus on delivery of excellent client service
- Ability to coach and mentor junior lawyers
- Positive Attitude to Work- Approaches work with positivity and energy and thrives in a busy environment.
- Effective Communicator- Clearly conveys information and ideas through the relevant media. Speaks in Plain English.
- Self Aware- Recognises personal strengths and weaknesses and uses that knowledge to interact positively with others. Maintains a professional impression.
- Team Player- Actively participates as a member of a team. Develops and maintains relationships with others.
- Resilient- Functions effectively under pressure and handles difficult circumstances in a manner that is acceptable to others and Royds Withy King.
- Open to Change- Receptive to new ways of working with the ability to be flexible in approaching tasks and problems.
Please note that the successful applicant will be subject to pre-employment screening including a DBS (Criminal Background) check.
Royds Withy King is a UK Top 100 law firm with robust commercial, private client, personal injury and clinical negligence practices. It has the combined expertise of over 480 staff across offices in London, Bath, Oxford and Wiltshire and is a founding member of the international network of independent law firms, Interleges.
Royds Withy King uses its experience to put clients ahead of the curve and places client relationships at the heart of everything it does. Royds Withy King achieved eight top tier rankings in The Legal 500 2017 and 39 lawyers were ranked as 'Leaders in their Field' in Chambers & Partners UK 2018, both leading guides to the law.
Royds Withy King received a three star 'extraordinary' accreditation from Best Companies in 2017 - one of just six UK law firms to have done so.
Role: Associate/Senior Associate
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Bath, Somerset, Somerset
Apply for this job now.