Sylvan Learning is the leader in providing tutoring and supplemental education for children in kindergarten through 12th grade! With over 40 successful years in Wake County area, we have helped literally thousands of area students catch up, keep up, and get ahead! Our passionate instructors are Sylvan certified, and our expert approach is personal and prescriptive, with each individual child's needs in mind.
Our talented team members experience the impact they make every day. We're an organization that prides itself in instilling knowledge and confidence in each customer we serve! Join us, and be inspired!
$11-$13 per hour for Reading/Writing/Study Skills/basic Math tutors
$15 -$18 per hour for High School Math tutors
Why did you first decide to become a Teacher? At Sylvan, we remember why.
* As an Instructor at Sylvan, your primary responsibility is to teach
* No Lesson Planning. No Preparation.No Parent Meetings. No Paperwork. We do all of that!!!
As a part-time Sylvan Instructor (flexible hours between 3:30 pm and 7:30 pm at least 2 days a week), you will be trained on the Sylvan curriculum and given the tools to teach in a small group, 3:1 setting.
You will become Sylvan certified and will provide personalized instruction in Reading, Writing, Math, Study Skills, SAT/ACT prep and State exams to students of all levels. If you aspire to inspire, then we want you on our team.
As a successful Instructor, you will:
Deliver Quality Education:
*Teach using Sylvan based programs
* Supervise, interact with and motivate students during instruction hour while they work with equipment and materials
*Reward students for completed assignments
* Evaluate and document student progress
*Communicate student needs to the center manager
*Develop rapport with students and establishes a fun learning environment
* Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching and Sylvan
*Previous teaching or tutoring experience
What you get in return:
As a Sylvan team member, you'll work in a fast-paced environment and make an impact on our business, helping your Learning Center grow! Our rewards package includes:
* Hourly compensation
* Additionally, through on-the-job training and learning opportunities, you can develop your career at Sylvan and succeed with us in future roles!
If you want to be a part of an inspired organization that believes in fostering knowledge and confidence in children, improving the lives of thousands of families every day - apply today, and don't let this opportunity pass you by!
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $11.00 - $18.00 per hour