Speech Back-End Engineer
Primary Location - Belmont, California
V-Soft Consulting is currently hiring for a Speech Back-End Developer for our premier client in Belmont, California. This is an ongoing, open-ended contract position in the automotive industry.
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. Our client is unable to sponsor at this time or work on a C2C basis.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Education and Experience »
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering or a related field is required; a master’s Degree is preferred
- 5+ years of full-stack software product development experience
- 3+ years of experience implementing online service APIs
- Experience developing and/or architecting speech front-ends for Amazon Alexa, Google Home and related products
- Experience with optimal integration of internal/proprietary, third party and open source technologies to solve complex problems in a customer-centric manner is required
- Experience developing one or more components of a speech processing pipeline (ASR, NLU and/or DM) is required
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining RESTful services is required
- Experience implementing microservices and back-end architectures in highly modular deployments is desired
- Experience with speech application frameworks like Google Dialog flow and Amazon Lex is desired
- Experience in a collaborative and interdisciplinary research environment is desired
- Experience building embedded speech modules is desired
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities »
- Proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages is required: Python, Java or C++
- Proficiency in Linux is required
- Advanced knowledge of networking and distributed systems is required
- Familiarity with development and deployment on cloud systems such as AWS (using DynamoDB, ElastiCache, etc.) is required
- Familiarity with the design and analysis of computer algorithms and data structures is required
- Familiarity with development tools (git, Jira, Confluence, etc.) is required
- Familiarity with mobile development on Android and iOS is desired
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Job Responsibilities »
- Investigate and develop technical concepts and solutions for new generation of speech services enabling voice control of connected-car features
- Design, develop and maintain NLU agents and Dialog Managers, with particular attention to scalability
V-Soft Consulting Group is headquartered in Louisville, KY with strategic locations across the US and in India. Known as an agile innovative technology services company, we were recently rewarded the Large Business of the Year award from Louisville Business First, and were recognized among the top 100 fastest growing staffing companies in North America. V-Soft is a trusted partner with experience across diverse technology stacks to help business get IT done. V-Soft has a large quantity of expertise in-house complimented by on-demand talent via our IT staffing division.
Role: Speech Back-End Engineer
Apply for this job now.