$19.79 to $22.91 hourly
If you're an experienced accountant with a keen eye for accuracy, there's an exciting opportunity through Accountemps for you to check out at a growing firm. The responsibilities of a Staff Accountant entail preparing journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. You'll be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. Additionally, you'll be participating in compliance, reviewing schedules for the reporting processes, and staying connected with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits. This accountant position involves a good deal of time spent on producing Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. Based in the Cedar Rapids, Iowa area, this company is offering a long-term temporary-to-full-time opportunity that's sure to challenge as well as reward effort.
Accountant: What you get to do every day
- Ad-hoc tasks and special projects, as needed
- Ready complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Play a role in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Complete month end close, journal entries, without supervision
- Support fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Offer succinct analysis on a wide variety of financial data and communicate it in a clear and concise manner
- Take part the in implementation and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures, ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Manage capital lease and monthly payment schedules
- Be a part of various department-wide initiatives
- Create monthly statement analysis to be used for management reportings
**If you're an accountant and would like to be considered for this opportunity please apply and reach out to Ryan Olson at #removed#**Job Requirements:
- Remarkable analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Mature organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- Excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Proficient in ERP systems
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- General ledger experience
- Account reconciliation experience
- Journal entries experience
- Foundational knowledge in financial statement preparation
- Month end closings experience highly desired
- Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.