The customer service representative is responsible for providing effective customer service for all internal and external customers by using excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and programs as well as communicating effectively with team members within the customer service department.
1. Accept (via phone, fax, or email) customer product orders.
2. Enter customer orders and create pick list and bills of lading.
3. Handle customer inquiries and communications regarding order status.
4. Verify accuracy of orders prior to shipping utilizing the pick and pack list.
5. Perform posting, checking, freight calculations and invoicing of orders.
6. Handle customer calls regarding product complaints, billing discrepancies or shipping errors. Resolve the immediate situation and work to eliminate future errors.
7. Maintain various shipping logs.
8. Process customer returns requests, return authorizations and credit memos.
9. Proactively communicate with customers regarding product promotional or new product opportunities.
10. Coordinate with field sales representatives regarding customer inquiries order status, or new product status.
11. Coordinate with Materials Planning and Production departments to ensure product availability.
12. Proactively upgrade customer order entry process from verbal to fax to e-mail, etc.
13. Learn product applications to assist customers with product selection.
1. Take charge and “can do” attitude within a rapidly growing business without strong operating and training processes and procedures.
2. Customer responsive, but able to communicate company position in a positive manner.
3. Problem Solving/Analysis. Ability to bring professional solutions to a small, fast-moving, rapidly growing entrepreneurial company without needing big company resources.
4. Accuracy and desire to “get it right” is a requirement.
- Time Management.
- Organizational Skills.
- Communication Proficiency:
a. Ability to be persuasive with customers and capture relevant information from the field.
- Strong telephone skills. Courteous and helpful, yet efficient and effective.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Technical Capacity to include Familiarity with computerized order processing modules in a distribution company (Macola, Great Plains, etc)
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED diploma.
2. Three or more years of experience in customer service, order entry environment, within a building materials, hardware or product distribution company.
3. Heavy exposure via phone to customers.
- Computer proficiency.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Junior or Technical degree in Business discipline desired.
2. Bachelors' Degree in Business related field a plus for future career growth.
3. Formal database technique training a plus.
4. Formal Order Entry computer software training a plus.
5. Inside or outside sales experience a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an 80-person company expanding through acquisition and organic growth. The successful candidate will be a key player in this path forward, working out of our Nationwide Industries location at 10333 Windhorst Rd. Tampa Florida. Nationwide Industries is a 25-year-old company with a track record of financial success and stability within the building products manufacturing and distribution industry. Please visit #removed# or #removed# to learn more about our business.
Role: Customer Service Representative
Apply for this job now.