Halcyon Financial Technology provides information technology solutions to private equity, hedge fund, investment management firms, and family offices. We are a technology company led by technologists, serving firms with a collective AUM of more than $185 billion.
We strive to provide excellent client service at every level and in every interaction. We take client service so seriously that client satisfaction is the one and only SLA we guarantee to our clients.
We work as a team to meet the ever-evolving needs of our clients. We never settle for the easiest or quickest solution. Instead, we seek out the best long-term solution for our clients. We never get bored. We never slow down. There is a sense of urgency in everything we do. Our clients expect more. We deliver more.
HalcyonFT is Excellence in IT.
This is a hands-on role requiring the ability to handle various problems with expertise and exceptional judgment while working with end-users at the highest level within organizations. This role can evolve into a Systems Administration role with hands on training and education.
- Monitor and support all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain clients’ operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Oversee clients’ security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Determine client’s requirements and system design specifications
- Design, configure, implement, test and document client’s new computer systems and applications
- Work closely with third party service providers to monitor systems and resolve issues
CLIENT SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers needing technical assistance over the phone or email
- Support daily operations on site and remotely; perform IT work at clients’ homes as needed
- Deliver the highest-quality support to clients
- Build and maintain trust and rapport with clients
- Translate complex technical solutions to end users and decision makers
- Available to be on call to respond to clients’ requests for support or issues with the clients’ infrastructure
- Identify and suggest possible improvements to client and HalcyonFT procedures
- Direct and delegate work among team members
- Willing and eager to help other team members
- Collaboration- know when to lead, know when to follow
- Cultivate an environment of ongoing learning and professional development
- Minimum 5+ years of general IT experience, including extensive experience in customer-facing roles
- Experience supporting users with Microsoft Outlook; sharing, permissions, delegates, public folders.
- Experience supporting network printers; printer queues, printer spooler, printer shares
- Experience supporting mobile devices and applications
- Excellent knowledge of networking technologies, particularly with OSI network layers and TCP/IP
- Operating Systems / Servers: experience with Microsoft Windows server and desktop technology
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong time management and ability to prioritize
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism in stressful situations
- Education: High school degree required, college degree strongly preferred
- CISSP, MCSA, MCSE and MOS certifications
- Infrastructure experience with Azure, VMware, Cisco, and Meraki
- Experience providing ongoing support to C-suite executives
- Experience working in a similar role at a private equity firm, hedge fund, asset management firm, or investment bank
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR HALCYON
- Exposure to cloud technologies such as O365, Dropbox, Box, Salesforce, Slack and Azure
- Opportunities to work with leading edge hardware such as Nutanix and Cisco Meraki
- Part of a team of senior technicians that aim to deliver exceptional service
- Generous compensation
- Best-in-class benefits: medical, dental, and time off
- Quarterly bonus
- Opportunities to earn technical certifications
- 1% of profits contributed to non-profits every quarter
Formed in 2010 by industry veteran Rodric O'Connor to address a gap in serving small to mid-size financial services firms with industry-leading IT support, HalcyonFT's team of experienced IT professionals brings decades of experience in the financial services industry. Halcyon FT exclusively serves financial services firms with a full understanding of industry trends, challenges and expectations. For more information, please visit #.
Role: Desktop Support Engineer
Location: San Francisco,
Apply for this job now.