API Enablement Engineer - PERM - Richmond, VA - $80-120K
API Enablement Engineer - PERM - Richmond, VA
- Develop solutions that adhere to industry standard methodologies in areas such as design, performance, flexibility, user experience, and scalability while also ensuring the solution code-base is clean and well-documented with an emphasis on code quality, extensibility, security, reusability, and stability
- Design, develop, and maintain highly secure, stable, scalable, and extensible solutions
- Contribute to architectural design, automated testing, continuous integration and build management
- Ensure quality through unit and functional test implementation and execution
- Participate in and contribute to all phases of Product Development Life Cycle from Design Input to Design Verification and Test Automation
- Develop and maintain code documentation including software development plans, architecture, software design, and requirements specifications
- Analyze and influence technical, system, and/or user requirements. Identifies and creates solutions to improve system performance and availability. Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues to minimize impact and future occurrences
- Assist project teams with software integration and coordination
API Enablement Engineer Skills & Requirements:
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years' experience developing and managing RESTful API applications with demonstrable production-scale experience
- Familiarity with using container based APIs including OpenShift, Docker, or Kubernetes
- Experience building scalable applications in AWS.
- Experience and understanding of performance monitoring tools including CloudWatch
- NoSQL database experience is desirable (e.g. DynamoDB) - from schema design, indexing, querying, and performance tuning to replication, sharding, and ensuring high availability
- Relational Database design and optimization with Oracle DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Understanding of microservices architecture design and implementation
- Demonstrable experience with CI/CD including Jenkins
- Demonstrable experience with Node.js including Express.js
- Framework familiarity including Django
- Demonstrable understanding of Design Patterns
- Strong agile/scrum development experience
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Work effectively under pressure, independently, and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making
- Strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented and able to manage/lead groups of people and tasks simultaneously
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, if the position is a consulting role, Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
* Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
* ATOP - Accrued time off program
* Consultant lunches and outings
* Care packages/Survival packs
* Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.
This national General Contractor who sprung to life in 1992 and since then have completed 3,500 projects across 450 cities. The aim of this firm is to be the very best design-build contractor in the industry. They use a proven design-build methodology to bring clients’ visions to life while delivering the very best experience.They have offices to serve clients from coast-to-coast - across an array of industries.
Role: API Enablement Engineer
Apply for this job now.