Who You Are:
You are a skilled communicator who thrives in the arena of business-to-business relationships.
You have experience building and maintaining existing affiliate accounts but also in developing and on-boarding new relationships.
Someone who is comfortable working independently but is a team-player at heart, you’re driven to support your coworkers and foster a work environment that is energetic, fun, and efficient.
You have experience in the insurance industry, either in property & casualty or health & life, and understand the general practices of an insurance broker.
You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and are just as comfortable on the phone as you are in-person.
Interfacing with outside affiliate partners and potential partners and various internal departments is a welcome undertaking.
You’re a skilled multi-tasker, gifted with the ability to balance many competing priorities and work well under pressure.
You are a quick learner with a naturally curious streak.
Who We Are:
VelaPoint Insurance is one of the nation’s premier health insurance brokerages. Wholly owned by National General Insurance, we work with partners like large associations, employers, and other brokers to connect consumers searching for individual and small group health and supplemental insurance with the plans that are right for them in all 50 states and with nearly 200 carriers.
We’re more than an insurance brokerage. We’re a technology firm, a marketing body, a distribution channel for millions of dollars in insurance carrier premium… the list goes on and on. Come build a career with VelaPoint Insurance!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain and proactively grow assigned affiliate partner accounts to demonstrate year-over-year progress
· Serve as day-to-day point of contact
· Hold regular account meetings to monitor partner activity and satisfaction as well as proactively address any issues, concerns, etc.
· Provide regular reporting and support to existing partners
· Onboard new partners as fed through pipeline from Business Development team, including website and telephony set-up
· Provide customer support on an individual level when necessary
· Technical support: website, telephony, customer enrollment, etc.
· Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
· Identify new sales opportunities within existing accounts
· Work with teammates to support overall team and company need
· Interface with each department within the company
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
· Bachelor’s degree strongly desired
- Qualified candidates with equivalent and relevant work experience who have Associate’s degrees, other certifications, and high school diplomas will be considered
· Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, specifically in business-to-business settings
· Three years of experience in account management and/or insurance sales
· Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
· Proven account management or other relevant experience
· Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the company and without
· Excellent presentation skills
· Life & Health license or ability to become licensed through independent study within 60 days of hire
· Must be able and willing to travel within the United States up to twice per month
VelaPoint is an independent insurance brokerage that serves as your one-stop insurance shopping marketplace. We work with an affiliated network of the industry's top insurers, so we are able to find you the best possible combination of value and services. Since 2006, VelaPoint agents have helped thousands of people navigate the complicated and constantly evolving insurance landscape.
Role: Account Manager
Apply for this job now.