TrellisWare launched in 2000 with an innovative culture striving to push technological boundaries in the area of wireless communications. We are now a worldwide leader in highly advanced algorithms, waveforms, and communications systems that range from small form factor radio products to fully integrated solutions.
At TrellisWare, we connect passion with purpose and together we make an impact- on our careers, our company, and the world. And you can too. If you love to innovate and collaborate amid chaos and change, you belong at TrellisWare. Where the opportunity to serve is not a challenge but a gift. Where you're never going alone. Because there's too much at stake to go solo.
Our Engineering Team is seeking a Communication Systems Engineer. You would be responsible for designing and simulating communication and signal processing algorithms used in TrellisWare's next generation wireless communication systems. Enhancing cohesiveness and maintaining team morale is a responsibility of all our team members, as is the ambition for self-improvement and talent development. Through this dedication to unity and professional advancement, each team member is directly impacting the successful outcome of TrellisWare's deliverables and setting the tone for our core values of delivering excellence, pushing boundaries, and empowering people.
The essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Designs and develops high-level algorithms and signaling techniques, assesses these techniques for practical implementation
- Uses C/C++ for programming and simulation
- Supports Engineering in designing, integration, and testing
Education and work experience requirements are:
- Master's degree required; PhD. degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years' experience implementing complex signal processing algorithms and/or modem designs (doctoral degree in communications is considered to be sufficient experience)
To be considered for this position, you would need to meet, at a minimum, the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed here:
- Expertise in digital communication theory, including coding and modulation, information theory, and detection and estimation
- Experience with waveform-level simulation of communications systems using C/C++
- Familiarity with iterative detection (message-passing) algorithms and their applications
- Expertise in laboratory debug techniques using digital scopes, logic analyzers, BERTS, and other complex measurement devices
- Experience with FPGA and ASIC implementations and DSP software based implementations is desirable
- Demonstrates strong verification and debug skills
- Works independently, demonstrates initiative and interacts with a variety of engineering development teams
- Demonstrates strong documentation skills and proficient with PC office applications
- Demonstrates analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with qualified disabilities.
- Able to frequently sit, stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle or feel, reach within hands and arms length, stoop, kneel, and crouch, talk and hear
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to use office equipment such as PC, printer, telephone, etc.
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Additional requirements are:
- U.S. Citizenship Required
Note: Many of TrellisWare's positions require a security clearance or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Disclaimer - The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in the job description restricts the company's right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time for any reason.
*TrellisWare Technologies, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.*Job Posted by ApplicantPro