Company: HUEY & ASSOCIATES, PC
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
** We are adhering to COVID recommendations as provided by state government officials. **
Here at Huey & Associates we seek to build dynamic relationships with our clients by providing them with quality accounting services and financial counsel with our primary focus on taxes. Considered to be a boutique firm, we have been servicing our tax and accounting clients for over 95 years and have a rare opportunity to fill a vacancy for a Tax Manager position. Our mission is to provide superior accounting services to our clients with a focus on integrity, excellence and caring giving our clients individualized and personal attention. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow professionally, serve clients and do more than just push out a product in a close team a mid-sized firm can provide, then we may be the right match for you.
Start Date Flexible
- Experience with individual, partnership, corporate and trust/estate income tax.
- CPA or CA license required.
- Minimum of 3 years tax experience in public accounting.
- Demonstrated writing and management skills.
- Proven competence with MS Office.
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to deploy critical decision skills.
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Positive individuals who want to have an impact on client's lives and enjoy interacting on a personal and regular basis with them
- A proactive team leader who can work with leadership and the tax team to identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk.
- Hard working, responsible individuals who are willing to stretch themselves and put in additional hours during tax season as necessary while always looking for opportunities to grow
- UltraTax and CS Professional Suite (Thompson Reuters) experience
- Intuit QuickBooks experience
- No client centered travel required - if living outside of the Herndon, VA region, we will require semi-annual travel to the office for hands on training
Benefits we offer
- Positive culture focused on serving our clients with a high level of integrity
- Team environment where we strive to help each other grow
- Individualized goal planning and responsive management with an opportunity to grow your skills and advance within the firm
- Hands on training on a wide variety of entities and skill sets
- Paid CPE training and education assistance
- Full range of benefits including retirement, health and life insurance, vacations, bonus, etc.
- Flexible work-from-home opportunities available on a case-by-case basis
How You'll Contribute
- Managing clients and relationships, taking responsibility for all facets of the engagement management process.
- Identify opportunities to expand the current scope of work for existing clients.
- Research of moderate to complex tax issues using internal revenue code, treasury regulations and other relevant authorities/guidance.
- Provide regular performance feedback and deliver timely performance evaluations for managed staff.
- Be a resource for peers and junior level staff members.
If you have a strong interest and experience in income tax compliance and planning in the public accounting field and feel that you match the skills and personality listed above, we look forward to hearing from you. Initial interviews will be conducted virtually via Microsoft Teams.
Compensation: $80,000+ (d.o.e.)
Powered by JazzHR