Under the direction of the Behavioral Health Director or Care Manager, this position may engage in a variety of activities to serve patients. This position will engage in projects to improve member experience with care as well as and working in quality improvement projects and initiatives. This position, like all positions within the Behavioral Health Department, is expected to model behavioral health principles of relationship-based care, as well engage in promoting education and understanding of whole health.
· Assist Care Managers to successfully implement individualized care plans for patients.
· Assist Care Managers and providers to ensure care coordination needs requirements for patients are met.
· Assist patients to make linkages with providers and community-based services called for in the patient’s care plan.
· Skillfully develop therapeutic alliances with patients and utilize evidenced based communication skills such as motivational interviewing in assisting members.
· Establish and maintain effective goodwill relationships with coworkers, supervisors and other colleagues and collaboratively work with team members.
· Complete Follow-ups on behalf of patients and providers including outreach phone calls.
· Authorize continued ABA for Non-Complex Members
· Model the highest ethical behavior in care for patients as well as in relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and colleagues in the community.
· Engage in call-line work, assisting members and/or providers, in a professional, compassionate and effective manner.
· Engage in outreach and engagement of patients as needed.
· Participation in behavioral health team and care management meetings as requested.
· Model continuous quality improvement philosophy, and engage in quality improvement initiatives and projects.
· Model supportive and collaborative relationships with patients, co-workers, and all community partners.
· Ensure the privacy and security of PHI (Protected Health Information) as outlined in policies and procedures related to HIPAA compliance.
· Participate in other meetings as needed, or as directed by the care managers, clinic supervisors or Behavioral Health Director.
· Engage in all employee training and comply with all employer policies.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and HIPAA protocols.
· Upholds company’s mission statement & core values
· Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in social work, sociology, psychology, or another social science or related area preferred. High-school diploma and minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience and other education and/or LVN / MA certifications may be substituted.
Experience working successfully within a team, and experience in developing and maintaining effective relationships with both customers/clients and coworkers is mandatory. Experience in the social services, and/or in a service related industry is preferred (hotel, restaurant, sales) is preferred.
Excellent interpersonal skills, and the desire and ability to develop genuine, effective relationships with members, co-workers, supervisors and community partners.
Ability to manage time, both in interactions with members, as well as in timely documentation and reporting. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels. Able to use telephonic communication effectively with patients, providers and with community partners. Proficient in the use of computer software to include but not
limited to: (e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel, Power Point). Bilingual (English/Spanish) – written and verbal is preferred, but not required.
Who we are:
We are a pain management company that specializes in a multi-disciplinary approach to pain. We are a group of passionate physicians ranging from Anesthesiologists, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Acupuncturists, Chiropractors, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, and Physical Therapists. Not only are we passionate about what we do, but why we do it, which is to help people that are in pain and change their quality of life for the better.
We are paving the way to modern medicine and looking for candidates that want to join us in making a difference. Candidates should excel in fast paced environments, express a willingness to learn, be passionate about what they do and ideally have a strong background in pain management. We are rapidly growing and have unique opportunities available.
Role: LVN Care Coordinator
Apply for this job now.