OVERALL PURPOSE: To manage, in an efficient and effective manner, the residential
reception and residents’ facilities. To provide a meet and greet
service and maintain a security overview. To manage deliveries,
key holding and parcel management and help with move
management and contractor access. To ensure daily log is
entered and other reporting functions and checks carried out.
WORKING HOURS 12 hour shifts working 3 days on and 3 days off,
(20:00 – 08:00).
The Concierge is the representative of the Employer. He/she should display a
courteous and helpful attitude towards the residents of the property and to their
visitors. A clean and smart appearance must be maintained at all times. Smoking is
not allowed in any area of the development. Eating and drinking is not permitted on the
reception desk or anywhere other than the staff kitchen facilities. A suit/uniform will be
provided after the 6 months probation and this must be kept in clean and presentable
condition and must be worn at all times whilst working. Shoes must be to the house
The concierge report directly to the Head Concierge as their line manager.
1. Security is of the utmost importance. You must therefore ensure that you are alert at all
times paying particular attention to the security of the entrance doors and other points
of entry to the building. You will be expected to be familiar with the workings of the
access control systems.
2. Maintaining a secure key register of any keys that are kept in possession. In the event
that keys are held by the Concierge team, a key waiver will need to be signed by the
3. Ensures that all contractors attending the site to conduct works within the public areas
of the development have provided the requisite Method Statements, Risk Assessments
and Insurance prior to issuing the appropriate permits to work.
4. You will actively greet and assist residents. You will be checking and screening all
visitors and guests, contractors and service personnel on foot and by vehicle, at all
times displaying good customer relation skills. You should be proactive in ensuring the
visitor is recognised on entry, providing a strong level of customer focus.
5. To deal with all enquires; callers to the desk and by telephone/fax/Email. Liaison
between residents, contractors and service providers as required.
6. To be conversant with the regulations contained within the property’s leases, ensuring
that matters such as alterations, noise restrictions and building works are adhered to.
7. To ensure that the entrance and fire exits are clear of obstructions and to report any
contravention to the Manager where the contravention cannot be rectified.
8. To assist (and supervise when required) all contractors employed at the property as
9. To ensure that any undelivered mail and parcels are signed for and kept in the
designated safe location. On collection to follow the house regime regarding the control
and hand-over of mail and parcels to residents.
1. To go through the previous day’s log at the beginning of each day with the Day
Concierge and be aware of any expected appointments on site for the Night.
2. Whilst on duty, to maintain a logbook and note and record all incidents accurately. All
other documents such as key books/accident books must be maintained appropriately.
3. To report any disrepair to the Head Concierge or in his/her absence
4. To undertake inspection of the residents’ reception forecourt at regular intervals and to
ensure that they are kept clean and tidy especially when cleaners are not in
5. To assist residents upon arrival and departure with baggage handling, ensuring that
safe manual handling techniques are utilised at all times.
6. To provide valet parking services for residents as required.
7. To conduct at least three full site patrols during the course of the shift
1. To be familiar with relevant site information, contracts etc. and understand what
service regimes are in place.
2. To respond to all work emails within a 24 hour period.
Security/ Health & Safety
1. In the absence of the Head Concierge, to liaise with Head Office, in particular
to advise of any damage caused to the property.
2. To assist the Head Concierge, where instructed, in checking that all fire precautions
are in operation and that appliances are in working order. To deal with fire alerts in
accordance with house procedures.
3. To ensure that you read the Company Health and Safety procedures and ensure you
are familiar with the standing protocols. (Held by Head Concierge)
4. To report any disrepair to the Head Concierge or in his/her absence and when urgent,
to the Managing Agents.
5. To be familiar with the Health and Safety and Fire Risk Assessments together with the
6. In the event of inclement, wintry weather, to ensure that all pathways leading to the
premises are treated with the appropriate grit salting to minimise the possibility of slips
7. Ensure that all cleaning equipment/chemicals are stored away safely and kept locked
when not in use.
8. To act as the first responder in the event of fire evacuations, marshalling residents to
the designated assembly point.
9. To maintain discretion at all times and ensure that information obtained, overheard or
mentioned in passing is not at any time passed on or repeated to anyone other than to
your line manager if this is necessary for management/security purposes.
10. To undertake all other reasonable duties as directed by the employer, the Head
Concierge or the Managing Director.
Decision Making Authority
Low level – Company policy matters, etc. are deferred to the Head Concierge for advice and
guidance. All works must be approved in advance with the Property Manager
• Experience of working as a concierge beneficial
• General knowledge of health and safety risks, including chemicals, trip and fall
hazards, ladder usage, manual handling, first aid and fire marshalling.
• Must have an understanding of the demands set within a service sector and so have a
strong customer focus.
• The ability to clearly communicate in English at all levels, both verbal and written.
• An approachable personality and confident to liaise and interact with residents, visitors,
clients and contractors