In-House opportunity to join a global defence business as Legal Counsel- Technology & Data. You will work as part of an established in-house legal team based in Farnborough, Hampshire.
- You will be delivering clear and concise guidance relating to use of new technology and IT services from a legal perspective.
- You will also be supporting lines of business and functions in implementing all aspects of the personal data protection compliance strategy and ensuring the company responds appropriately to new and existing IT, information and cyber security related regulatory and contractual obligations.
- You will ensure a continued and effective response on IT, information (including personal information), cyber security and software related regulatory and contractual obligations, including responding to changes to those obligations and the wider threat environment.
- You will ensure ongoing data protection compliance and advise on all legal matters surrounding data protection/privacy.
- Ensuring legal risks associated with the storage and hosting of the information, intellectual property and data are appropriately mitigated.
- Negotiation and drafting of relevant contractual terms and supporting commercial and procurement functions in the negotiation and documentation of those contractual terms.
- Promoting understanding and awareness of risks related to IT and personal data legal issues across the businesses and functions and delivery of training for DP Leads within business units and functions.
- Delivery of training for DP Leads within business units and functions, providing support and guidance to DP Leads on complex matters.
- Monitoring legislative and regulatory changes concerning Brexit, and where appropriate engaging proactively on such changes as well as other potential legislation or Government contracting or regulatory strategy that presents risk or opportunity for the business.
- Qualified solicitor or barrister with a minimum of 2 years PQE.
- Excellent technical understanding of commercial contracts, with experience of IT contracting and outsourcing.
- Excellent data protection knowledge.
- Experienced in drafting, negotiating and advising on commercial law related to procurement and use of IT Systems and Services, including outsourcing, and cloud based SaaS, IaaS and PaaS offerings as both supplier and customer.
- Experience of advising commercial organisations on data protection compliance issues and advising international organisations on data protection issues on a cross jurisdictional basis.
- You should have strong interpersonal skills, particularly experience of working, and being able to communicate effectively, with stakeholders at a range of levels within the organisation.
- You must come across as confident and authoritative, with the ability to persuade others where necessary.
- You will need to be pragmatic so as to devise sensible legal solutions to ensure compliance but which are consistent with effective business operation. You should also have excellent written skills, particularly the ability to translate complex concepts into readily understood messages.
Salary & Benefits:
Competitive salary on offer with excellent benefits package which includes car allowance, bonus and competitive pension scheme.
Additional benefits included enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan, flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts.
How to Apply:
Please click on the Apply Button.