At Menzies Distribution we've been delivering across the UK since 1833 - To and from every high street, as well as reaching the areas others can't. Today, we are Logistics UK's most innovative business of the year, with a strong focus on the future, sustainability, and innovation - We keep moving forwards.
We have a rare opportunity for an experienced Customs Administrator to join our team on a permanent basis! The successful Customs Clearance Clerk will be accountable for ensuring all crucial customs documents for road freight are prepared, relevant and available. You will nurture and sustain our IT systems by updating them daily to guarantee compliancy and efficiency.
Joining our friendly team, you will play an integral role in the efficient day to day operations of our business; our Operations Team will rely on you to ensure relevant import/export documentation has been generated for clearance and all declarations are accurate whilst in line with service level agreements.
You will provide a high standard of customer service when dealing with colleagues and external customers, offering your support and expertise to answer queries relating to best practice of custom control.
This role would suit somebody who has experience of customs within the logistics industry, has a passion for administration and a real zest for communication.
And, let's not forget, you'll be joining one of the UK's largest and most recognised distribution brands, where career, personal development and going the 'extra mile' is at the heart of our company ethos.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Arrange and complete all associated paperwork for import and export clearances
- Liaise closely with the Operations team to ensure that all relevant documentation has been generated
- Update all internal and external IT systems to accurately reflect each case
- Complete all declarations accurately within the required time scales to meet Service Level Agreements
- Escalate any issues with the line manager and offer solutions
- Provide excellent customer service to all clients and customers
- Advise customers on the completion of customs declarations
- Ensure that any customs issues are spotted before causing delays to shipments
- Contribute towards administrative tasks associated with the Customs Operations
WHAT YOU NEED
- A minimum of 1 years' experience within customers is essential
- Experience within the logistics industry is desirable
- Relevant qualifications within Administration (or relevant experience) is advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A great work ethic and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once and prioritise to suit business needs
HOW WE WILL REWARD YOU
In addition to a competitive remuneration package and company benefits, we provide ongoing development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
- 31 Days Annual Leave (Plus 2 Fixed Days)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Cover
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Care
- Directly entry into our development tool
At Menzies Distribution Limited, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.