COMPANY: THE MEXICAN CANTINA COMPANY
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
Born from a love of honest Mexican food and Mezcal, we are launching the first of many Mexican restaurants in the UK called The Mexican. Our promise is to serve only authentic Mexican food (no Tex-Mex), freshly prepared on the premises and delivered to table by our team in a fast-paced, professional manner.
Our aim is to provide an environment as enjoyable for our teams as it is for our guests, by consistently delivering delicious Mexican food in a lively, vibrant atmosphere. We know our teams will be the people who make this happen and The Mexican will be run by people who know and love the restaurant business and are passionate about delivering a great customer experience.
We are looking for a full-time Chef de Partie to join our team at our new restaurant in Ware, Hertfordshire. We are looking for someone who is experienced, diligent, loves to learn and have fun as well as give everything they have got to succeed.You will be trained by our very experienced Mexican Head Chef.
- prepare, cook and present amazing food offered by The Mexican
- take pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and safety
- comply with food and hygiene standards
- communicate and work alongside a vibrant team, offering new ideas and feedback when relevant
- contribute to seasonal menu changes when necessary
- NVQ Level 2 Hospitality and Catering is desirable or at least 2 years’ experience as a Chef de Partie or similar in a restaurant environment.
- must be able to work in a team of up to 3 to 4 kitchen staff during a busy shift.
- responsible for the preparation and cooking of The Mexican menu.
- able to communicate with front of house staff to manage orders and ensure a smooth and efficient service run on every shift
- able to communicate effectively in both spoken and written English
- able to cope in a busy working environment
- excellent time management and service skills
- most of all you will love what you do!
We place the customer at the heart of everything we do and we must ensure they have a fantastic experience with us, encouraging them to come back time after time.
Great career advancement opportunities exist for ambitious candidates.
Start date: 11h November 2019
Salary: circa £18k to £21k per annum (with live in accommodation available)
Very high standard in-house accommodation is available as part of the package if required.
Working Visa applications can be arranged if required
Other kitchen and front of house positions available.
Candidates should contact Brett Cahill-Moreno at #removed#