Behaviour Support Assistant - Pupil Referral Unit
Stockton on Tees
£63.50 - £70.00
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 6 weeks experience in a school, experience working as a Teaching Assistant or within a SEND environment. We only pay P.A.Y.E, we do not work with umbrella companies.
Ideal for an experienced LSA or equally someone with a strong background within a similar setting, looking to carry out supply role in the Stockton area. This role will see you providing support to the class teacher and other LSA's within small classes across across KS3 and 4.
It can be an extremely challenging environment, but it is also highly rewarding engaging with vulnerable young people, families and other agencies to help them develop and achieve.
To be considered for the position of Behaviour Support Assistant, you will:
- Have experience supporting children and or young adults within a Pupil Referral Unit or an SEMH setting which is referenceable
- Be available on a full time long term basis
- Hold an Enhanced DBS which is on the update service or be willing to obtain a new one
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of specialist teachers
- Have a passion for supporting students and teachers, with the ability to work in small groups and on a 121 basis
- Access to your own vehicle is highly desirable
Vision for Education is committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks
- £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated SEND consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an experienced Teaching Assistant or Behaviour Mentor with existing experience in PRU's or SEMH schools and settings who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Teesside SEND branch today on 01642 694117
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.