At Menzies Distribution we have been delivering across the UK since 1833, we can reach areas that other cannot. Today, we are Logistic UK's most innovative business of the year, with a strong focus on the future, sustainability, and innovation - We keep moving forwards.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced HGV Class 2 Driver to join our Highland Parcels team! Our team are responsible for delivering world-class service and time critical parcels to our customers located throughout Scotland.
You will work closely with our Transport and Operations Manager, who will support you to execute a busy multi-drop schedule. You'll have the opportunity to drive one of our state-of-the-art Class 2 HGV's and will have full access to our advanced technology, which will free you up to deliver an uncompromised level of service.
Our customers rely on us to deliver our promises, and we rely on our drivers to ensure each delivery reaches our customers on time, in perfect condition and with a contagious smile.
And, let's not forget, you'll be joining one of the UK's largest and most recognised distribution brands, where career, personal development and going the 'extra mile' is at the heart of our company ethos.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Planning delivery schedules and routes with transport manager
- Supervising and helping to load and unload goods
- Ensure the vehicle is loaded and unloaded safely and within the legislation
- Following traffic reports and changing your route if necessary
- Safeguard the security of the vehicle and goods contained during transit to the customer
- Completing delivery paperwork and logbooks
- Refuel and clean vehicle
WHAT YOU NEED
- A valid Category C (Class 2) Drivers Licence with a maximum of 6 points, for insurance purposes
- A valid digital tacho card and CPC card
- No previous disqualifications NI, DD or DR
- A detailed understanding of the rules and regulation around drivers' hours
- Physically fit to meet the demands of a multi-drop driving role
- Hardworking, positive and a flexible attitude to work
- Undergo a background check and drug/alcohol test if successful
HOW WE WILL REWARD YOU
In addition to a competitive remuneration package and company benefits, we provide ongoing development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
- 28 Days Annual Leave (Pro-Rota)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Cover
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Care
At Menzies Distribution Limited, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.