The QC / Sanitation Supervisor provides sanitation expertise to the entire facility. This role involves developing, managing and continuously improving a comprehensive sanitation program that encompasses employee safety, practices, equipment, infrastructure, and people development to ensure food safety.
***SANITATION EXPERIENCE IN FOOD MANUFACTURING IS A MUST***
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensuring site-specific instructions and practices are developed, documented and followed.
- Managing the entire site sanitation program to ensure specifications and standards are being performed in compliance, initiate corrective actions when needed, and optimize resources while controlling costs.
- Auditing sanitation policies and programs to ensure that program specifications and execution of those programs are being met and are effective. Will interact with external vendors to improve sanitation effectiveness and efficiency (e.g. chemicals, contracted services).
- Auditing Clean in Place processes for performance upgrades or costs savings initiatives.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with Regulatory Inspectors.
- Developing and managing the business plan for site sanitation and provides regular status reports.
- Assessing job requirements/training needs, creates and implements training materials, and develops staff and others directly and indirectly involved in sanitation practices.
- Other tasks as deemed necessary.
- Adhere to Di Stefano Cheese quality policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity.
- Adhere to Di Stefano Cheese policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity.
- Adhere to all Di Stefano Cheese GMP policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity.
- Must have experience implementing HACCP.
- Keep accurate and legible records.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to understand and carry out multiple business initiatives in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of people (i.e., Customers, Employees, Contractors).
- Requires ability to read, hear, speak, and comprehend and carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain a strong commitment to Safety and Safety initiatives.
- Must have knowledge of inspecting, receiving and storing chemicals.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lead people to attain results.
- Ability to understand and develop SSOP.
- Strong understanding of dairy manufacturing.
- Strong understanding of Clean in Place principles.
- Requires ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Requires ability to visually observe the condition of surroundings.
- Requires ability to climb ladders and stairs of various heights including elevations of 15ft or more.
- Ability to work in varied ambient temperatures and conditions including varying extreme hot, cold, and wet temperatures including dusty and dry conditions.
- Requires ability to work in confined spaces often.
- Requires ability to work safely with hazardous chemicals.
- Minimum of 7 years in food manufacturing sanitation, chemicals, and Clean in Place.
- 3-5 years of prior leadership and Management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science or related field preferred
We are a family owned cheese company in Southern California that has a lifetime of experience, tradition, and passion for making cheese.
The owner and founder of Di Stefano Cheese, introduced burrata to the North American palate in 1993. Our boutique-style cheese plant is dedicated to making fresh Burrata, Mozzarella, Mascarpone, Ricotta, Scamorza, and Caciocavallo.
Di Stefano Cheese produces the most authentic, award-winning fresh cheeses available in the US.
Role: QC / Sanitation Supervisor
Apply for this job now.