Year 5 and 6 Teaching Assistant
Full time role
Supporting children in Year 5 and 6
Primary School in Blackburn
A primary school in Accrington have approach Teaching Personnel as they need a teaching assistant to provide additional support across the Year 5 and Year 6 classes. The role is full time and to start in Jnauary 2021, as you would be covering a gap in staffing the role is until the end of the academic with a view to becoming a permanent position.
You would be in Year 5 two days a week and Year 6 three days a week. You would be spending your time in Year 5 supporting children working below age related expectations to give them a boost in both core subjects. During your time in Year 6 you would be preparing children who are working towards age related expectation in preparation for the end of year SATS. You would be working with small groups of children in the class during the morning sessions and leading intervention sessions in the afternoons outside of the class.
You would be working alongside the very experienced class teachers within the Year 5 and 6 classes. The Year 6 class teacher would plan the intervention sessions and you would regularly meet with the class teacher to discuss curriculum coverage/ objectives and next steps.
The Head Teacher is looking for the following:
- Level 2 or above qualification
- An experienced Primary Practitioner
- Keen to commit to a long term role
- Confident to deliver booster sessions
So what are the benefits of working in schools through Teaching Personnel?
- Choice and Variety - giving you a range of roles and job opportunities to choose from
- Teaching Personnel's CPD Academy - Your Continuous Professional Development
- Pay - Weekly pay based on your skills, experience, flexibility and availability
- myTP - Digital services that make your work admin and communication simple
- Safe Working Practice - ensuring your reputation is protected
- Own Personal Consultant, continuously working on your behalf
- Uncapped 'Refer-a-friend' Scheme
- Continuous support from your Personal Consultant
You must be available to take up a full time teaching assistant role to start in January 2021 until the end of the academic year with a view of a permanent contract for the next academic year. The deadline for applications is Monday 30th November 2020.
See what our candidates are saying about us here.
If this Year 5 and 6 Teaching Assistant role sounds