Project Manager - Research and Development
ULC Robotics - Hauppauge, NY
We are a Hauppauge (Long Island) based robotics research & development company developing and commercializing technology for the Energy industry. We have an immediate need to add a valuable team member to our research and development team. This is a unique opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, on interesting projects, and with very smart and creative people.
We are currently seeking a detail oriented and capable person to manage research and development projects - including all phases of the development, client interaction and reporting, proposal development, etc. The hybrid engineer/manager will manage the project technical team, understand and resolve technical issues, and lead the development team to a solution that meets the customer’s requirements within allocated budget and time.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing complex projects, will be capable of handling a diverse task load and will be ready to take on new and interesting challenges daily. Strong writing skills and experience with Microsoft software is an absolute must. A good engineering background along with business sense is essential.
Please respond with your resume and a brief description of yourself, what makes you unique and any hobbies or “extracurricular” activities you do that seem relevant to the position.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
· Manage projects for developing new products and services from concept through commercialization.
· Work closely with our management team, administrative staff, and engineers to ensure projects are performed on time, on budget and to the highest level of quality.
· Meet with clients to report project status and manage client expectations.
· Coordinate and lead the documentation of customer requirements, design documents, test plans and procedures, project reports, and product manuals.
· Research new opportunities for external funding via US and UK government.
· Work with the management team to generate proposals, presentations, project tracking/schedules, and financial spreadsheets for new business opportunities.
· Play a key role in our R&D department by providing support as needed to help operate and grow the business.
The ideal candidate:
· Ideal candidate has an engineering degree and a minimum of 3 years of professional experience. Note: A blend of professional experience and academic may be considered.
· Must have extensive experience working with the Microsoft Project and Office suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Has some prior experience developing 3D CAD models, developing mechanical concepts, and designing mechanical assemblies
· Must have great communication skills and strong technical writing ability. Should be comfortable making presentations to large groups and meeting frequently with clients.
· Direct experience working with an engineering group is a plus.
· Must be a self-starter and be capable of managing a constantly changing, varied task load with minimal supervision. A positive, team-oriented, and proactive attitude is essential.
· Should possess strong organizational skills to keep track of multiple simultaneous projects while coordinating resources to meet our commitments. Must have experience creating and tracking project schedules.
· Ideally should have a strong engineering background with experience in high-tech fields. Knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following areas is a plus:
- Skills: Computer Aided Design, Prototype Design & Fabrication, Systems Integration, Testing, Production
- Subject Areas: Control Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Navigation, Wireless Technologies, Sensors, Robot Arms
· Minor domestic and international travel may be necessary
Our Company is proud to offer:
*Excellent Health Plan
*Paid Sick Days
*Dynamic and supportive work environment
ULC Robotics is a leader in product development and engineering services for the natural gas, energy, industrial and electric distribution markets. We are committed to solving operational and maintenance challenges while reducing costs, increasing productivity, efficiency and improving safety. ULC operates under three divisions capable of performing a wide range of specialized services to accommodate the industries we serve.
Role: Project Manager Research Development
Apply for this job now.