Are you an experienced procurement management professional with experience of frameworks, contracts and procurement consortia? do you have further extensive experience of public sector procurement and purchasing? If this describes you, then let Informed Recruitment help you achieve your potential with an exciting opportunity as a Head of Procurement. As a specialist provider of resource to the Housing & Property Technology markets, we are partnering with a Social Enterprise undertaking an exciting expansion and looking to bolster their services to customers.
The objective of the role will be to take the lead on procurement activities for the organisation. Day-to-day activities will centre around the planning, management, administration, and overall delivery of compliant procurement which will include framework agreements, long term contracts, call off agreements, digital purchasing systems and public procurements. You will maintain up to date legislative knowledge to keep procurement up to date, ensure all procurements are delivered to agreed timescales, define procurement best practice, oversee compliance, ensure procurement transparency in line with public procurement regulations and manage all documentation and records.
- A successful commercial track record in procurement and the management of procurement.
- Thorough knowledge of public sector procurement including The Public Contracts Regulations 2015
- Staff/Line Management experience.
- Experience of managing e-procurement portals and procurements, and/or dynamics purchasing systems.
- A consultative approach based on building positive relationships, but with ability to turn ideas into action and results.
- A good understanding of creating value and managing costs.
- MCIPS Level 6, or demonstrable commercial experience in lieu of.
Nice to have / Will Strengthen Application
- Experience working in the social housing sector and leaseholder consultation processes
- Experience working for or with a procurement consortium
- Experience of other public sector procurement means such as OJEU or digital frameworks such as G-Cloud
As an individual you will be an excellent communicator, adept at liaising at all levels with a variety of stakeholders. You will also be highly analytical with a keen eye for problem solving and meticulous record keeping. This role is home based, and post-Covid will be based in an office in the West Midlands with ad hoc travel - and so a driving license is required for this post and costs will be catered for. This is an exciting time to join the organisation and your contribution will certainly be felt, in return you will receive a very competitive salary and benefits package with a generous holiday allowance. Interview slots are available, so please apply without delay.