COMPANY: G2 LEGAL LIMITED
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime, PartTime
SALARY: £45000 - £65000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits Package
This leading law firm is currently looking to recruit a solicitor for their Risk and Compliance team based in Bristol.
You will be given the space to manage your own workload and work flexibly and/or on a part-time basis.
Working in an established team within the firm, you will be in a non-fee earning role with limited client contact. You will manage claims and complaints made against the firm.
To apply for this position you should have a minimum of 3 to 5 years' PQE plus experience in civil litigation (a working knowledge of the Protocol for Professional Negligence an advantage but not essential).
Day to day duties will include:
- Triage of new internal notifications of complaints and claims, including making informed decisions on whether matters should be escalated to formal complaints or are notifiable to insurers.
- Acting as point of contact for external solicitors where they are appointed on claims.
- Preparing advice to the firm on the merits of claims or circumstances, including strategies for responding to them, drafting responses, Part 36 offers, settlement agreements and any other documents or correspondence as necessary;
- Where claims or circumstances are retained in-house, progressing the matters in line with strategies agreed with the Head of Risk and Compliance.
- Providing training across the firm, to include induction training for new joiners and additional training firm-wide as required as a result of any identified issues/training needs.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures remain current and implement revisions as necessary.
- Assisting the Head of Risk and Compliance with additional reporting, analysis, advice and projects.
This vacancy will suit a confident and persuasive solicitor capable of addressing senior members of the firm. You will be tactful and enjoy getting things done well and done right.
Occasionally you will be required to travel (within the UK) to other regional offices to give guidance and training. All travel expenses will be covered.
Please note salary has been generated by G2 Legal for guidance only.
To apply for this Risk & Compliance Solicitor vacancy based in Bristol, click on apply now or call Eleanor Geary for more information.