Company: FRANKLIN COMPANIES
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
The Business Office Manager is in charge of personnel record-keeping, resident accounts, and business records, accounts payable, and billing. This position is a key member of the community's management team, sharing "manager on duty responsibilities" and assisting the Executive Director with administrative operations, including collections, and regulatory compliance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Works with department managers to assign all expenses to the proper account numbers.
- Makes bank deposits correctly and in a timely manner.
- Maintains the petty cash, including ledger accounting for disbursements.
- May participate in monthly budget variance conferences and provide reports.
- Generates resident billing with accuracy. Responds to resident and family inquiries.
- Process credits and refunds.
- Participates in on-boarding of new hires; assists with orientation assigns uniforms, processes benefits enrollment forms, trains new staff to use the timekeeping system, enters data into personnel database.
- Works with Corporate HR and PEO to communicate company benefit programs.
- Completes and files workers' compensation forms following reports of work-related injuries. Properly tracks and follows up on related injuries and incidents in partnership with Corporate HR and PEO.
- Maintains OSHA logs, posting annual reports as required.
- Maintains required state and federal labor law postings.
- Prepares and maintains all employee files.
- Works with Corporate HR and acts as the workplace liaison with regard to company personnel policies and procedures.
- Assists with counseling, documenting employee grievances, and tracking corrective actions.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll, ensuring accurate and timely reporting.
- Ensures incoming phone calls are managed.
- Serves as Manager on Duty when assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality of all resident and employee information, including secure long-term storage of prior year files.
- Assists with special events such as holiday staff parties and marketing projects.
- Encourages teamwork and promotes company values.
- Attends required trainings and meetings.
- Becomes familiar with and understands the steps for emergency response, including evacuation.
- All employees are responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all community residents.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Fluency in English; reading, writing, speaking, and understanding. Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, residents, family members, and outside contacts.
- Strong leadership skills; competent to make appropriate professional decisions and to resolve/manage problems.
- Patience, tact, and cheerful disposition; ability to work in collegial fashion and model teamwork approach.
- Strong integrity with absolute respect for the sensitive and confidential nature of staff and resident records as well as the company's proprietary information.
- Ability to seek out new methods and willingness to incorporate them into existing practices when applicable.
- Prompt, dependable, and able to perform the required duties on a regular, predictable basis.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Associate or Bachelor degree in bookkeeping or related discipline, or high school diploma with commensurate work experience preferred.
- 3-5 years' experience in bookkeeping, accounting, and/or administrative work.
- 3-5 years' experience using Microsoft Office and Outlook software.
- 1+ years' experience working in a multi-level business databases, preferably Yardi.
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
- Sit up to 75% of the workday.
- Stand and/or walk periodically throughout the workday.
- Occasionally push or pull up to 50 pounds unassisted. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, and reach.
- Must have good manual dexterity for typing and operation of machinery including computers.
- Requires continuous mental and visual attention to diversified operations.
- Exposure to infectious diseases, chemical substances, odors, etc.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts, or physical requirements/working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to revise duties as needed and may be required to perform additional tasks as necessary to meet the standards of quality and care.