The manufacturing engineer position develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
Receives Direction From:
Director of Operations
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Carries out process improvement, problem resolution, project management, and employee training.
- Improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement, and efficiency.
- Prepares and presents plans for the above and coordinate deployment including training of team members.
- Assists general manager in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control, and training.
- Performs research, design, and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Designs develop and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery, and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent experience is desired
- 2-5 years working in a manufacturing environment in a process control capacity
- Must be familiar with ISO 9001, AS9100, AS 9102, QS9000, or TS-16949 certifications and standards
- Experience working with electro-mechanical products a plus
- Previous experience testing electrical products a plus
- Knowledge of MIL-PRF-22885 and QPL testing a plus
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and quality systems a plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
At Amtec, we care about you and your career. Since 1959, we have changed the lives of thousands of people for the better - people just like you. It is our goal to help you find meaningful work by matching your character, competence, and culture with an organization that truly values what you have to offer. Whether you want a contract assignment, a temp-to-perm job, or a regular full-time position, we are here to be your partner throughout your whole career.
Role: Manufacturing Engineer (Electro-Mechanical Assemblies Exp)
Apply for this job now.