Science Teaching Assistant
Teaching Personnel are the largest Teaching agency in the UK and are currently seeking to recruit a new graduate for a science teaching assistant role in a Birmingham Secondary School starting on 21st April 2021.
Are you a Science graduate looking for work within a secondary school? Have you previously excelled within Science and feel like you could support students within the subject? A school in Birmingham is seeking a Graduate Science Teaching Assistant, to support students within the Science Department. This presents itself as an excellent opportunity for a Graduate who is considering a career as a Science Teacher in the future.
This role is open to the following:
• Science Graduates.
• Science Specialists with experience (tutoring/mentoring)
The role will involve supporting students:
• Who have SEN (Dyslexia, Dyspraxia etc)
• Who are disengaged or struggle with Science as a subject.
Highlights of this role include:
• Working with students on a 1:1 basis,, as well as in small groups within an intervention setting.
• Aiding students in their approach to set work, across KS3 and KS4.
• Implementing tactics designed to engage students and motivate them in looking to achieve their best.
• Working in partnership with Science teaching staff, in order to recognise where students require further support.
• Monitoring students with SEN, and ensuring that lessons are suitable in meeting their needs.
• Communicating regularly with the school SENCO in order to establish further support techniques to be used with students.
Interviews are starting soon, if you are interested in this position and have the relevant qualifications please send your CV to #removed# or call Michael at the Birmingham branch on 0121 252 1100.
In addition you can view all our current vacancies and register with ourselves online at #removed#/register
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.