The Optometric Technician assists the optometrist with patient care. Performs preliminary testing on patients stressing the importance of an annual eye examination. Provide recommendations to patients regarding their eyewear needs. Provide Instruction to patients in the proper use and care of their contact lenses. Performs administrative tasks of the contact lens department, ensuring that inventory and products are kept at the required stock levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting the following testing procedures - taking patient history, preliminary screening including color vision, stereo, visual acuities, retinal photography, automated visual fields, tonometry, subjective refraction and basic slit lamp.
- Responsible for maintaining efficient patient flow throughout the examination process/family members, pre-selling, etc.
- Responsible for instructing patients on proper use of contact lenses.
- Promoting retinal photography, easy care packages and backup glasses.
- Assist the Optometrist with trial fits of contact lenses and evaluate for proper fit.
- Educate patients on proper insertion and removal of contact lenses, as well as communicate relevant information on care and handling of contact lenses.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the preliminary testing area, contact lens area and examination lane.
- Monitor and order inventory for trial lenses and supplies on a weekly basis.
- Place and receive orders for contact lenses necessary for patients’ daily - following company procedures.
- Authorize patient contact lens supply via direct ship through General Manager.
- Notify and re-notify patients when their contact lenses are available for dispensing, ensuring no pick-ups are over 30 days .
- Notify patients immediately of any delays in regards to the delivery time of their contact lenses.
- Clean and disinfect contact lens dispensing area daily.
- Complete and submit contact lens returns to the Home office on a weekly basis.
- Understand and promote all contact lens programs, rebates and special offers.
- Attend all office meetings.
- Participate in all training opportunities offered by the company.
- Develop skills to assist patients in the optical dispensary, including dispensing, adjusting and selection of eyewear.
- Assist the Optometrist with all related functional duties to ensure efficiency.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- AA or BA/BS in related field is desirable.
- 1-3 years of related optometry/vision care experience within a similar office environment.
- Demonstrated success in a retail, office environment addressing a broad spectrum of customer requirements and preferences.
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive patient rapport and build relationships to establish repeat customer-trends.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with the proven ability to manage priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and ensure that patient commitments/deadlines are met
- Proficiency in utilization of automated equipment and systems standard to the optometry industry
- This position requires the ability to communicate and exchange information, utilize equipment necessary to perform the job, and move about the office.
MyEyeDr. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Founded in 2001, Capital Vision Services, LLC dba MyEyeDr. is a premier vision care provider and single practice consolidator. Since inception, the Company has grown into a 300+ unit practice throughout the east coast and the midwest via acquisitions, doctor purchases, and Greenfield development. Through MyEyeDr. practice management expertise, the Company is able to significantly improve operations of the doctor practice post acquisition. Every MyEyeDr. location has at least one licensed Optometrist on the premises and offers comprehensive eye care services, including exams and retinal photography. In addition, each location offers more than 1,000 frames and a variety of related eyewear products. In December 2012 Boston-based Private Equity firm, Monitor Clipper Partners, provided the company with an additional capital infusion. MyEyeDr. will use this new capital and existing resources to even more rapidly expand the group presence throughout the United States.
Company Highlights Include:
Top 10 optical retailer in the country
Unique single practice consolidator business model
Premier vision care brand
Strong financial performance
Fast growing with entrepreneurial spirit
Do you want to work for a cutting edge optical leader that id growing and gaining market share daily? If the answer is yes then look no further than MyEyeDr. to take your professional career to the next level! We are the fastest growing eye care company pm the East Coast with our sites clearly set on expanding our successful model to new markets. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality vision care and customer service to thousands of patients annually.
MyEyeDr. offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes the following:
-Health insurance, which provides medical, prescription drug and vision coverage.
-Paid Time Off includes vacation, sick leave and personal days
-Life and AD&D Insurance is paid by MyEyeDr.
-Paid holidays offered to full-time associates according to annual schedule
-Certification assistance program
-Matched 401k Retirement Savings Plan
-Free Eyewear Program offered to associates after one year; discounts available to associate and family members and more!
Role: Optometric Technician (Optometry Assistant, Ophthalmic Technician)
Apply for this job now.