Company: CREATIVE FINANCIAL STAFFING
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
The Grant Financial Analyst - Social Venture role works as part of a team of -16 accountants, providing direct client support and addressing the accounting and analytical needs of our fiscally sponsored organizations. Reporting to the Accounting Manager - Social Ventures, this role is strategically minded and assists our partners in achieving their mission by supporting their financial processes including, financial planning and budgeting, analyzing financials and grant management for foundation and governmental funds. This role will develop financial models, prepare projections, provide monthly financial reports which include key metrics, graphical presentations, and variance analysis for presentation to partners and senior management. This role will drive impact and foster a culture that is grounded in Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion and Respect, Accountability, Creativity, Equity and Empowerment. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provide excellent customer service related to accounting, reporting, grant management, budgeting, and analysis including consistent accounting treatment of all transactions and timely, accurate reporting
- Ensures that the daily financial and accounting functions are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and all applicable regulatory requirements including those set forth by the Federal Accounting Standards Board (FASB), and legal rules and regulations for non-profit operations designated as IRS 501(C)(3) and 501(C)(4) organizations
- Provides documentation for the federal and state tax return preparation, and supports annual financial audits and single audits (OMB A-133) as needed including agency monitoring visits, and ensuring 'audit readiness' of assigned grants
- Training all project staff to fully understand and analyze financial statements.
- Approve all cash disbursements for partner caseload and monitor partner cash flow to ensure compliance with funder regulations and company cash management policies
- Ensure financial transactions are recorded with precision to ensure compliance and adherence to proposed budgets and accurate financial and progress reporting.
- Participate in monitoring of financial compliance issues and grant guidelines
- Prepares and presents monthly financial reporting package which includes statement of financial position, statement of activities, cash-flow reports, tracking KPIs, budgets / re-forecasts and written variance analysis to partners and external / internal management team
- Participates in evaluating, improving and documenting policies and procedures related to fiscal sponsorship financial services
- May be required to train and/or guide other team members
- Other duties as assigned
- Experiential knowledge of FAR, CFR and relevant OMB circulars as well as GAAP/FASB standards.
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting the needs of internal and external clients; ability to strive for high level of client satisfaction
- Proven track record of maintaining effective internal controls and developing efficient financial policies and procedure
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to see the big picture while understanding the details involved and the ramifications of the decisions made. Ability to present financial information and models in a concise and easily comprehensible manner.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with the proven ability to support workflow processes that ensure high degrees of accuracy and accountability within team members
- Identify opportunities for performance improvement across the organization
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with a diverse team, with attention to collaboration and working collaboratively toward solutions that generally benefit all involved parties
- Demonstrated ability to hold information confidential with excellent judgment
- Demonstrates ability to maintain high-level and consistent work ethic in working relationships and all work related duties
- Self-motivated and organized with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to be both diplomatic and confident
- Proficient in enterprise-wide accounting systems such as NetSuite, Blackbaud Financial Edge or Microsoft Dynamics
Education and Experience:
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products and Salesforce. Strong working knowledge of Excel and financial modeling
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Accounting / Finance or related field or equivalent
- 5+ years relevant experience working in a similar position
- Non-profit accounting, government grant management and financial analysis experience preferred