Mid-level position performing a wide variety of accounting related tasks under the supervision of an accountant, manager or an officer of the firm. Relies on instructions and preestablished guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Performance of duties requires the ability to act in a professional and confidential manner.
Representative Sample of Engagements:
- Performs accounting activities such as maintenance of the general ledger and preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports;
- Maintains payroll records and prepares quarterly payroll returns for clients;
- Performs annual accounting for trusts and estates;
- Prepares checks and invoices for selected clients;
- Performs bank reconciliations for selected clients;
- Produces QuickBooks reports to support tax preparers in tax preparation;
- Writes letters and contacts taxing authorities on selected client’s behalf;
- Answer’s clients’ payroll and tax related questions;
- Prepares VEC forms for clients;
- Prepares federal, state, and local year-end tax forms for selected clients such as W- 2s, 1099s, 1098s, VA-4s, VA-5s, VA-6s, etc; and
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by a supervisor.
Requisite Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understanding of basic concepts of accounting.
- Ability to verbally communicate ideas in small settings.
- Ability to gain and maintain confidence of clients.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of PC based software: Word, Excel, database and QuickBooks.
Starting salary is dependent on years of experience.
Since the Firm's founding in 1953, the employees and members of RFC have taken great pride in maintaining our commitment of service to our clients. RFC began as a governmental audit and consulting practice in Charlottesville, Virginia. While these services remain the backbone of our company, we have expanded our services to include non-profit and commercial audit, and income tax preparation.
RFC provides audit and attestation services to governments, individuals, businesses and non-profit entities recognizing that each client is unique and important.
Role: Client Services Bookkeeper/Accountant
Apply for this job now.